Options

Storage Moisture Precautions

This is our first winter to store our T@B.  Since spring, we have stored it in a windowless, but cool indoor storage facility and used Damp Rid and closed it up tight.  The Damp Rid worked and we had no moisture problems.  In the winter, the facility is heated to 50 degrees.  With Cleveland's winter dry air, I am wondering if we can just vent the T@B through the roof fan cover.  I plan on taking the cushions out of the T@B to make some slip covers.  Anyone else out there storing it in a similar environment?
Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,499
    Great question @SAM! I've been wondering about that here, too. I'm following this...
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    What ever precautions you take I would try and inspect the interior every week or two. That way there are no  surprises come spring time.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    We store ours outside, with no cover, and not vented.

Winter, I've been known to put a trash bag over the tongue to keep the mechanical parts dry (hitch, jack, and brakes).

We make sure to remove the snow, due to weight,  when it gets any quantity accumulated on it.

Like @SAM, western NY winters are usually pretty low humidity, and other seasons we're in and out of the Tab enough to keep the air moving. Summertime, the roof vent is often left open.

Been doing it like that for 4 years.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    MortyandDottieMortyandDottie Member Posts: 37
    edited October 2017
    @ChanW do you use any type of external cover for the AC vent...external on drivers side?  We are in Seattle and with all the rain I am concerned about water getting in via the A/C vent.

Charles, Dee and the Dogs, Poulsbo WA

2017 Silver on Silver T@B S Outback

2017 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel
  • Options
    @MortyandDottie, I've blocked the ac vent some years, but only because the wind comes in there, and we've wanted to camp without drafts. Any water that enters there will go out the ac drain (if your tab is level, or tilted slightly to the front passenger side).
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    @ChanW do you use any type of external cover for the AC vent...external on drivers side?  We are in Seattle and with all the rain I am concerned about water getting in via the A/C vent.

@ChanW @SAM and I are all in a similar climate to each other. I would check with your dealer to see if they have any recommendations. 

What ever precautions you take I would try and inspect the interior every week or two. That way there are no  surprises come spring time.

I tend to turn on the Alde and occasionally go out to the T@b and watch TV in the winter or take it out for a weekend or so over the winter. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    "....  or take it out for a weekend or so over the winter. "

Good advice in any case, eh 
    jenn B) 

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya