Options

Southeast Utah in March

Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
DH is planning our first extended trip in our T@B traveling from Cleveland to Utah in March traveling about a month.  Right now we are looking at the southeast corner bordered by Arches in the north and Escalente on the west.  Has anybody been in these areas this time of year?  Good time to go?  Better to wait?  What do you recommend?  

Secondarily, what kind of routing during March have you taken.  I want to avoid snow by going further south than what my husband thinks we need.  What's your experience?
Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    @Sam I have been to Escalante at the very end of February, before. The weather can really vary. They hed the biggest snowstorm of the winter while I was there. Elevation will be the biggest factor.

I am considering a trip around Feb or March, too and plan on planning for a couple of different routes and adjusting based on the weather forecast. You can often see ice storms along I-40 during those shoulder seasons.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    Thanks Jenn.  Good to know.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio