Options

Tab 320S 2017 Leaking fresh water

We are new owners this year.  We are out camping and have noticed water on the floor in front of the refrigerator after hooking up and filling the fresh water tank and also attaching the city water hose connection.  The water on the floor appeared shortly thereafter. We have done all of this in the past and not had a problem.  
We have camped several times this summer and have not had a problem.  Maybe this is related: we had also filled the fresh water tank earlier today, at home, and noticed a leak under the camper.  Drained the fresh water tank and leak stopped.  No water appeared in front of the refrigerator at that time.  
Is this a leak from the fresh water system?
Is the system over filled? ( it reads 100%)
Is the city water system the source of the problem?
2021 T@B 400 BD.  Silver with black. TV: 2020 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD

Comments

• Options
    RoameyRoamey Member Posts: 239
    Could it be something as simple as this?  (coming from fridge):
    http://tab-rv.vanillaforums.com/discussion/5607/water-collecting-in-the-bottom-of-3-way-frig
       T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,472
    edited October 2017
    I'd start with Roamey's suggestion and make sure it's not condensation dripping out of the fridge.

If that checks out, then I would suspect a leak. Finding it will require a little careful sleuthing as you trace all the supply lines from their source. Given what you have reported, I'd fill the fresh water tank and start with the lines running to and from it. Overfilling the system should not result in water on the floor of the camper.

Keep in mind that the fresh water system and the city water system are the same other than the source of the water (hose hook-up vs. pumped from on-board tank). When you are hooked up to city water, there's no reason to fill the tank or run the pump.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,523
    Is the seal on the frig intact?  Maybe condensation leak from a loose seal.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    gbhaneygbhaney Member Posts: 19
    Thanks for the suggestions. Since we had no more water on the floor this morning, we're thinking it could be the fridge. I had seen that earlier post re putting something under the vanes to collect condensation and because we had had freezing issues at one point, we put a small plastic bin in that area. This morning with fridge temp around 40 and rainy weather outside, there was about 1/4" of water in the bin and vanes were frosty. No water on floor though and city water is working fine. Our main water concern today and overnight tonight is the heavy rain and thunderstorms forecast without let up and how well our PahaQue side tent keeps our dogs and our stuff dry! Very windy, too!
    2021 T@B 400 BD.  Silver with black. TV: 2020 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD