Options

Power Stabilizers

CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
Well, sort of. A little while ago I had asked, over on the LG forum, where you could get a lug to put into a cordless power drill that could be used to raise and lower the stabilizers. I saw one used at the factory last year, and, well, it would make life easier.

Someone suggested contacting Little Guy to purchase a second hand crank and cut it down to use in the power drill. Great idea =D> , never got around to ordering one :P .

Last week I was up at Beckley's to get a few other things and I saw they had the same hand cranks in stock, so I snatched one up. It pained me to take a Dremmel with a cutting wheel to a brand new, $15 crank, but the results will make life a whole lot easier \:D/ !

image image

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
Sterling, VA

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Wise man, Nathan!!! I think you'll get your $15 worth!! Just keep your drill charger with you.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    You'll be able to drink more beer too! :D

Well done!
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    radrenradren Member Posts: 229
    Hi Cyclonic,
    Great idea and job on the crankshaft. Did you have to do anything special to the end once you cut it off?  
    Expectant T@B mom
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 930
    You can build a similar set up with off the shelf tools from almost any hardware store.

19mm - 3/8 drive socket (six-point is best)
    LONG 3/8 extension (16-20 inch)
    1/4 hex to 3/8 square adapter (to use in the drill chuck)

About $20 total

This is all I have used for many seasons.   I do keep the manual crank in the trailer for those unexpected dead battery moments.

The drill has been handy for several other uses including repairs and my "better tent stake".

Have fun!
    Bob
    SUNT@B

• Options
    John_and_KrisJohn_and_Kris Member Posts: 302
    Bob We have a 2016 T@B Max S and the crank handle is slotted. Will you design work on it? Thanks John
    John - Kris & our Golden "Blossom"
    South Carolina
    Live simply,Love generously,Care deeply,Speak Kindly,Leave the rest to God
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 930
    I doesn't sound like it.  I know this works on the DM T@Bs, the BAL Leveler and other BAL brand stabilizers that have a 19mm hex on the drive screw.  That is probably why Cyclonic had to cut a standard crank handle.

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Bob We have a 2016 T@B Max S and the crank handle is slotted. Will you design work on it? Thanks John
    You can buy a slotted adaptor on Amazon.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    I bought a slotted adapter from camping world (brick and mortar store) and it only worked twice before it "stretched" enough to no longer grab the nub on two of the 4 stabilizers.  I have gone back to the manual crank.  Cutting off the top of the much sturdier issued hand crank seems like a better long-term solution as those are made out of some pretty sturdy metal. 
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.