Options

Refrigerator propane

does running the refrigerator on propane use a lot of the propane. Is it legal to drive with propane tank on?

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    Hi @Tabitha9. Your post of Nov. 29 had fallen into a "hidden" category, which is why you've had no responses. I've moved it now and am responding to bring it to the top.

Many people do refrigerators on propane while travelling. There is much discussion here on the topic, so grab a cup of coffee and search/poke around a bit. I'm not sure if it is legal in all states, but hopefully someone else will chime in with more info.

The 3-way fridge uses very little propane. I estimate I could get at least two weeks of constant use out of a tank (if I wasn't using it for much else).
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    It is illegal to drive in underwater or underground tunnels on the interstate (U.S.) with propane on. There are turn-offs for RVs and campers to stop and turn propane off. They can turn it back on at the next exit after the tunnel (and usually a toll).
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Z_GZ_G Member Posts: 38
    It i's illegal to drive the tunnels on i95 in Baltimore with a propane tank in vehicle
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Z_G said:
    It i's illegal to drive the tunnels on i95 in Baltimore with a propane tank in vehicle
    It is against regulations yes, unless the tanks are 10#, but 20# tanks...no. This applies to both the Fort McHenry tunnel and the Baltimore Harbor Tunnel.  Alternate is to go around the Baltimore Beltway(695).
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback