Options

Options when purchasing a T@B

ImawandererImawanderer Member Posts: 2
We are considering the purchase of a T@B CS-S. It is our understanding that there are  options available, such as solar panels and a sink on the top of the dresser, but search as we might, we are unable to find information about options on the nücamp Web page. Any help will be appreciated. 

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    We are considering the purchase of a T@B CS-S. It is our understanding that there are  options available, such as solar panels and a sink on the top of the dresser, but search as we might, we are unable to find information about options on the nücamp Web page. Any help will be appreciated. 
    You won't see those on a website. You will need to special order those options. Custom orders are not uncommon. I know Nucamp was needing to cut back on customizations, so they may no longer offer every customization.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    geekmamageekmama Member Posts: 107
    The solar option was available to me when I bought my CS-S in March of 2017. It was on the order sheet the dealer gave me. It was close to $700 so I didn't take it. I had never heard of a sink in the dresser area, but I'm sure it's possible since that's where it is for the non-clamshell models. I will just remind you that you already have a sink in the bathroom just a step away.

There were very few options on the order sheet (solar, outside baggage door, outside lagun set up are the ones I remember). From what I've heard, though, as long as you're willing to pay for it, the manufacturer or the dealer will do most any mod that is possible. I had the dealer install 2 6v batteries in a regular tub instead of the 12v to begin with.
    Aileen, Muggles & Scout @ 2018 T@b CS-S @ 2018 RAV4 Adventure @ Massachusetts
  • Options
    gregndebgregndeb Member Posts: 31
    I saw a front sink on a CS-S model at uCamp last summer.  That was a pretty uncommon customization.  We ordered our 320-CS last Feb and took delivery in late May.  At that time the divorce with Little Guy was going on and uCamp wasn't interested in doing additional customization.  That said, the stuff we wanted was newly standard for our model.  (higher license bracket and tall dresser).  We found that out when we toured the factory in April, thus good news.  The mods I wish we had done at the factory would have been outside storage access doors on both sides.  Nucamp doesn't like people putting stuff in the drivers side seat area, but if you put a barrier over the plumbing and electrical systems, there is a worthwhile amount of storage there.  The passenger side access door would be nice. Our model has the 120-Volt outlet and Lagun bracket where the access door might go, so it would be better to plan ahead where all 3 items would fit in that small under-seat area.  I highly suggest going to uCamp 2018.  There you can see many different people with many different mods.  Some will make you envious, others might not apply to you.  Have fun! 
    T@B: 2018 320-CS Max
    TV: 2017 Toyota Highlander
  • Options
    ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 414
    Here is the sheet the dealer gave me.
    2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    Custom Colors & Custom Interior
    We've slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,496
    @ColleenD2, another thing to consider is deleting the galley TV - they substitute another cabinet door and it gives you another galley cabinet.  You can also exclude the entire entertainment package if you are unlikely to need TV, movies or music.  We excluded both TVs and the Jensen DVD/CD/Radio.  We have a portable DVD player which we have yet to use.  Like many, you may decide to not carry your spare tire under the Tab as it has been known to be a clearance issue and is a real hassle removing and remounting.  You can ask the dealer to move the spare to the tongue.  In that case you need to decide how you want it mounted.  You may consider having an upgraded fan - either Fantastic fan or MaxxAir - quieter and less battery draw if you boondock.  A hard wired battery monitor is good to have as well.  Lots to consider.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I recommend the Maxxair Maxxfan as well. Very quiet and you can leave it open in rain. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    Do I have to install that Maxxair or is that something that is an option with T@B or does the dealer sell it and install. We are not one bit handy.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,496
    @ColleenD2, you tell your dealer the name and model.  They will set a price and nuCamp will install.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @ColleenD2, somepeople have the dealer do the upgrade/install. Some have specified and had NuCamp do the install with appropriate upcharge. Again, finding that cooperative dealer is going to be important in making your decisions as to which path you will find the best for you.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Thank you