Has anyone added a Lagun table to a 2015 320?

We want to remove the large fold down table that came with our 2015 320 Max-S Outback and have a Lagun table installed. Is that possible? We’re mostly concerned about how the slats for the bed would work, since our camper wasn’t built to accommodate the slats. Thanks for sharing your experience, photos or advice!

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    You will need slats and rails to hold the slats.  I think tyou can purchase those from the factory if you want to install.  Anybody know for sure?  You have multiple places that you can install the Lagun mount.  Search Lagun and check out the pics.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @SAM has the answer. The Lagun Table was first introduced and offered for sale in November 2015 (I looked up my receipt).  It is a very popular upgrade and there are lots of discussions about how owners installed the rails and slats and storage for the slats. I foresee a lot of reading a out Lagun tables in your future ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Yes, I did. I added it to the passenger side bench, with wood placed both outside and inside of the bench to keep the wood on the bench from splitting and move the bracket out enough so that the table brace did not cut into the cushion.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    That looks nice Jenn.  Did you make it?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    SAM said:
    That looks nice Jenn.  Did you make it?
    Oh, no - I have zero woodworking talents. My mom's husband is making them to sell along with the sunshades my mom is selling. The cobbler's children, though...I still am using the old Home Depot workbench....hmm...going to have to remedy that. :)

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• FiddlerjoebobFiddlerjoebob Member Posts: 6
    We mounted ours in the center of the back bench. 
    2015 T@B 320Q
    2009 VW Touareg
    Two Fiddles
    One Bicycle
    One sewing machine
  • Kevin@7Kevin@7 Member Posts: 66
    We mounted ours in the center of the back bench. 
    Me too.  There's a nice 2x4 behind that wall for added support.  I spaced it out so that the vertical pole didn't interfere with the cushions.  What a relief to have that table after dealing with the finger pinching boat anchor.
    2014 Jeep Cherokee trailhawk
    2018 T@B 400 (white w/ red trim)
  • DurangoTaBDurangoTaB Member Posts: 754
    We recently installed the Lagun hardware, but I re-used the table top.  Had to install rails on the benches to hold it up (I used walnut...).  The top works great, and mostly swings outta the way, but I’m seriously thinking of getting the folding teak top that Lagun sells...or as a woodworker, make my own.  Others have done nice jobs as well.  We LOVE the space you get back with this system!

J.D. & Sue

Durango, CO    2014/15 S M@xx :  "Dory's HabiT@B"  Keep on swimming...