• Options
    BigGroverBigGrover Member Posts: 450
    BigGrover
    2019 T@b 400 Boondock Lite
    2018 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    • Looking good!  now the fun begins! Trip went well?
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Much better trip for you. Congratulations!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    RamseyRamsey Member Posts: 6
    I like the naked look ,  No decals
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Congrats! It looks great!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    YAY! Are you driveway camping tonight? 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    atlasb said:
    • Looking good!  now the fun begins! Trip went well?
    Went great, my truck is apparenty just a little higher than yours, I used a straight 2" bar out of the receiver that has 3 different sized hitch balls and my 2" ball height was 19 1/2" .  Pulled just fine.  Got it partially loaded and the tongue weight scale came in at 350 lbs.  Don't plan on boondocking so without filling the water tank, even when fully loaded with everything else TW should stay under 400 lbs.
    BigGrover
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    robptrobpt Member Posts: 90
    @BigGrover, looks very nice! If you ever come down to some of the Florida State parks, let me know. I am sure we'll not have a hard time identifying each other! Congratulations!
    North Florida T@B 400 towed by a 2014 Nissan Frontier
  • Options
    Sounds good, what part of Florida?  We like going down to the Eglin AFB area.
    BigGrover
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    YEEEEEE HA! Now the fun begins! Congrats!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    @BigGrover, We usually don't venture further west than St. Joseph's State Park by Port st. Joe. We do not get too much time off for extended camping trips and I like to be within a few hours drive so I have time to set up and take a walk well before dark. That is not to say we won't go further west as I know there are some nice campgrounds that direction. In the meantime, we usually hit Torreya State Park (its an older campground that offers more privacy  and lots of hiking trails), St. Joseph's, and, when there is ever a site available, St. George's.

I hope you enjoy your 400, I never knew they came without all the graphics. I think that looks very good. I hope you'll pass on some pointers when you get familiar with it!
  • Options
    Thanks since I am retired we might go that far this summer.  Will let you know!  I love Florida, lived in Orlando before it grew and Disney's build there.  If you've been to Disney World, I used to swim and fish in the lake they have their ferry boat on.
    BigGrover
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    @BigGrover, tell me about it. I have lived where I am at in North Florida for almost 50 years and can remember swimming at night in some of the sinkholes around here that are now inaccessible. Being young and dumb, it didn't cross my mind that the night is when gators like to feed. It was a different world here before I-10 pushed through. 
  • Options
    For storage above the counter, we found some smaller plastic storage cubes.  Can use 2 on each side and place cups, saucers etc. in them.  After opening the doors several times after towing it soon became evident we needed something to contain items in these cabinets.  else you will need to catch the items as they fall out when you open the doors.  We also unlatch all the cabinets and doors inside when we set up and then relatch before we travel.  Easier on the catches or latches to leave them loose when camping.  The clam shell latch for the sink cabinet sometimes is an issue to open and I find that I need to push in on the door as I unlatch.
  • Options
    Tha ks much for the advice.  Spent part of the day registering all the appliances.  Picking up bins etc and trying to organize.  Picked up a hanging closet organizer for the closet.  Found that if I removed the humidifier from my CPAP it fits in the cubby by the bed.  Gonna try that before I drill holes to place it in the closet.
    BigGrover
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    does your 400 have the new 3020 alde system?
  • Options
    Yes it does, what does your's have?
    BigGrover
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    We have the 3010.  You got the new model, supposed to take care of the high altitude nose when using propane with the alde.  Heard they were going to start using then.  New in the us! Does away with the extra propane regulator mod.
  • Options
    Good to know.  Will keep you posted on how it does as we plan to hit the mountains in North  Ga and Tennessee.
    BigGrover
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    BigGrover said:
    Good to know.  Will keep you posted on how it does as we plan to hit the mountains in North  Ga and Tennessee.
    It was not generally an issue until you were above 8,000'. I camped at just above 9,000' with a little but not a lot of noise.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Jenn, big grover  has the new alde 3020 in his new 400!
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    atlasb said:
    Jenn, big grover  has the new alde 3020 in his new 400!
    Right, but the east coast mountains are not high enough altitude to test it.  =)

• Options
    Hey Big Grover.  Could you open the Alde compartment under the bed and get a picture of the Alde with the plumbing lines and post the picture.  Looking to see if it has the gas valve with a yellow handle there.  Thanks! (Top down to floor picture showing the lines and valves etc)
  • Options
    Sure will. It will be tomorrow though I am on the road today.  There is something with a yellow handle there but I did not look too closely at it.  I thought it might be the pressure relief valve.  When we did the walk through the tech showed me one cold and two hot water drain line/valves.  When I asked about a pressure relief valve he said there wasn't one but when I went on line it referred to one.
    BigGrover
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    Thanks!  What I am looking for is a valve with a yellow handle in the gas line going into the alde.  Your owners manual should show you the pressure relief valve.  Be safe on the road, will look for you tomorrow.the valve that I. Am looking for is the high altitude switch.
  • Options
    The owners manual says to refer to the rv manufacturer for the location of the emergency relief valve.
    BigGrover
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    Hi Big Grover,  Look for a black plastic fitting that is mounted in a blue water line close to the side of the Alde that looks like a small shark fin.  It has a  lever on top that can be lifted to open,and is about 3+ inches tall and about 3/4 inch wide.  this should be the relief valve.  It looks like it has a Tee fitting below and a line from that fitting will exit the floor below the valve. 
  • Options
    https://screenshots.firefox.com/Lcda5SV0403fri8q/www.alde.co.uk  Hope this comes up if so,  item #2 is the high altitude valve we are looking for. 
  • Options
    Got it, will look for the high altitude valve tomorrow and take pics to post.  In the 3020 manual the emergency relief valve is a brass fitting with a yellow lever.  i will look for it tomorrow too.  Did you use yours to drain the Alde when you winterized or just use the hot water line drain valve?
    BigGrover
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    Pics of Alde lines
    BigGrover
    Central Alabama