First Trip in 400

Maiden trip and everything worked flawlessly unlike my Jayco 17 XRB that had some sort of issue every trip. My only complaint is that the Dometic thermostat screen is extremely hard to see with the blue light. Being in Alabama, we had the opportunity to use AC during the day and heat at night. Waiting for the visor to arrive and plan to add shelves to the closet.  Already made a smaller table for a larger feeling sitting area.
BigGrover
2019 T@b 400 Boondock Lite
2018 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi
Central Alabama

Comments

• atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Big Grover,  The first time we used the Cool Cat A/C the Alde thermostat was sat at 82deg.  They are independent of each other so it is possible to have the A/C trying to cool and the Alde also trying to heat.  When you are on A/C,  Turn the Alde thermostat down to 65 or so.  We are always learning something.  Glad that everything worked Great!  Enjoy the 400!
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • knoxville1915knoxville1915 Member Posts: 60
    @BigGrover I agree about the thermostat being hard to read; especially for my less than tall wife! We have a folding footstool specifically for that device!

2018 T@B 400 (Rol@nd) towed by 2012 Toyota Tundra CrewMax (C@lgon)
  • LuigiLuigi Member Posts: 29
    Looks like you need to come out to Idaho. Today's news states that Idaho tops Alaska for best outdoor state. Ranked top 3 in nation. 
    http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Olive/ODN/IdahoStatesman/Default.aspx
  • BigGroverBigGrover Member Posts: 450
    That's definitely a trip we want to take!
    BigGrover
    2019 T@b 400 Boondock Lite
    2018 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi
    Central Alabama
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @BigGrover as long as you make it to Idaho keep heading NW and stop in Spokane. There is an awesome State Park at the west end of town. The SpoTab breakfast group is always ready for a gathering!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • sdenhofsdenhof Member Posts: 43
    Just picked up our 400 and spent a week in Moab. Everything went pretty well excpet the door on the wardrobe is broke so I droped it at the dealer for work. The Alde worked great and we had temps in the low to mid 20's at night.
    2018 Tab 400 towed by 2013 F150
    Evanston Wyoming home
  • laetuloslaetulos Member Posts: 16

Have a new 400 as well which we've spent a good bit of time in now. sedenhof, you said that your Alde worked great with temps in the 20's? My experience is that it takes a LONG time for it to heat up, many hours, in low temps. We've also found that we have a lot of 'gas failures,' when we have plenty of gas. I'm thinking now that it is when the battery gets kinda low, but it can happen after only 2 days. ;-(

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    The Alde requires 12 volt.  What does your battery monitor read when you have gas failure?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • laetuloslaetulos Member Posts: 16

Hmmm, I don't have a factory supplied battery monitor with volts. I guess the best way to check that is with the MPPT charge controller I installed under the bed (installed a solar panel too), the charge controller seems to give me a read on the battery voltage. However, I just developed the low voltage hypothesis at the end of the last trip and forgot to check this out. The 1-4 led indicator on the panel read 2 of 4, but that is fairly useless. I should probably bring my voltmeter on the next trip.

What I did do is found that when I changed the gas it had no effect and when I plugged into the truck and started the engine I was able to run the Adle.