Traveling with the bed open

tonitoni Member Posts: 41
I am sure this has probably been asked and answered, but I can’t seem to locate.
Can we travel with the bed open and ready to use instead of making it up into the couches.  We have a T@B model with the “U” shaped seating.  Thanks in advance.

Comments

• ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Hi Toni. Depending on which table you have,  it's actually a better idea to travel with the table down, because it gives the table a more secure footing. Less chance that it will tip or move around.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    I do it all the time. We cook and eat outside (often under the awning) and almost never set up the indoor seating.
    2015 T@B S
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    If you have the old style table that functions as a bed support, then as ChanW said, place it in the down position and open up the bed.  If you have the Lagun, I can think of no reason to not travel with the bed slats in place. I think a lot of people travel with the bed open while on the road.  It reduces set up time.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    Makes know difference. What ever works best for you.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    We took out the old style table and made slats.  When traveling we leave the bed made, but folded towards the back so we can sit in the forward area.  We leave a couple of slats in to use as a coffee table.  That way we can stop for lunch and sit inside if the weather is bad.  We use 3 ultralite thermarest pads so they fold back easily. 
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• tonitoni Member Posts: 41
    Thanks.  I actually have a 2017 with the slats and the new style table.  So I will leave it in the sleep position when traveling.  Thank you!
    @pthomas745:D

'zactly!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Mine has been in bed mode from day 1 for 11 years now. The table went away along time ago. The only difference is when I'm solo it's a single bed with the front benches as seating.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • DougWWDougWW Member Posts: 87
    Interesting discussion, but I have a question. If you have the Lagun table down and the bed made up... where do you store the table? If under the bed, then doesn't it skitter around while driving and scratch things up?
    ...Doug

2021 T@B 320S Boondock, Chevy Avalanche, Happy wife.
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    edited August 2018
    @DougWW I understand goodwill has been the beneficiary of more than one original T@B table. Garage, attic, patio, you name it. If we want the full sized beds, we have the slats, otherwise we sleep twins. A lightweight adjustable black plastic table serves us inside for inclement weather and outside for whatever.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• RoameyRoamey Member Posts: 239
    edited August 2018
    The lagun table can be stored in the passenger side storage over the wheel well. You can also slide the dinnette seats together leaving the table up, extending through the joint of the cushions. 

T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • ChrisKChrisK Member Posts: 270
    Jeez. Am I the only one that likes the original folding table? I love the table space it offers. Those Lagun tables are just too small.
    2014 T@b S Max AKA T@dpole
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    I think Bob Fuss likes it.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • DougWWDougWW Member Posts: 87
    Roamey said:
    The lagun table can be stored in the passenger side storage over the wheel well. You can also slide the dinnette seats together leaving the table up, extending through the joint of the cushions. 

in the passenger side? I'm going to have to check that out. thanks for the tip.
    ...Doug

2021 T@B 320S Boondock, Chevy Avalanche, Happy wife.
    edited August 2018
    We like the original table. Especially cuz it's so solid as an outside table. It's only downfall is how heavy and awkward it can be to take out of the Tab. (I've found the easy way is to 'roll' it out, on its side of course, and carry it with the top against my leg).

We'll often use it collapsed on top of the bed, keeping the bed set up (with slats) all the time. 
    ChrisK said:
    Jeez. Am I the only one that likes the original folding table? I love the table space it offers. Those Lagun tables are just too small.

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 411
    Roamey seriously, on the passenger side? Thank you! I had no idea.

2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    We slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

• 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    @ChrisK - We love the original table.  Wouldn't dream of replacing it.  Usually keep the bed made, but when the table is up, it is great for board games!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA