Options

Can you add a toilet and black tank to 06 Tab

Was wondering if it's possible to add a toilet and small black tank to already built Tab. I am purchasing a 06 Tab with all the upgrades even a porta potty. Would like to know if possible to add a permanent toilet and black tank. I don't need a wet bath just toilet since I am older the nighttime hassle.  Thanks in advance 

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,495
    It might be better to just get a urinal:)
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    From what I can tell from my 2015-S, the toilet and six-gallon black tank are an integrated unit that sit completely inside the camper.

While presumably doable, this would be an advanced DIY project. You would need to find an appropriate unit. Some carpentry work would be needed to prepare a suitable permanent location. The tank would need to drain through a large-diameter pipe that would have to pass through the floor and end in a dump valve outside the trailer. A water supply would need to be run to the toilet.

Sounds like a cool project, though. Please follow up if you decide to pursue this further!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    The original idea for the T@B shower came from a Dutchmen owner that installed a Thetford Cassete toilet in the space where the front closet and CoolCat are located. If you don't have a CoolCat and are willing to remove the front closet. A Thetford cassete toilet will go in that space. It will require drilling a cutout in the sidewall for the cassette door. They you pull out the "cassette" tank and dump. I guess there would be a way to plumb the incoming water to your fresh water lines.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    FRANKFRANK Member Posts: 9
    Thanks I guess we will just use the porta potty its the same concept without the privacy. Good thing the wife and I became used to it from our pop up. 
  • Options
    HalooHaloo Member Posts: 137
    Or, you could install a composting toilet. 
    T@B 400 | F150 | Washington State