Options

Replaced My Visor Tie Down System

2»

Comments

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Have found that if it's calm or a slight breeze I can tighten the whole thing down pretty taunt. If it's windy or gusty - not talking extra high winds/gusts where it's take down time - I can loosen the tie downs and the slack in the Visor fabric flaps and absorbs the wind/gusts. Hardly any movement/bending of the poles.
  • Options
    Was hanging some small tube lights off my visor but haven't been able to find any new ones at rv/camper stores and 90% of the ones in Walmart have dead, non-replaceable batteries. Found these little LED lanterns for $7 at Walmart. Two brightness settings (high/low). Work great and have replaceable AA batteries.

• Options
    KyBawpawKyBawpaw Member Posts: 183
    edited December 2015
    Looks like it'll keep the coyotes away! I gave my son a camping lantern/flashlight  I found on Amazon. It has a rechargeable Li battery and solar recharged with a cell on the top. Kinda cool. I got the one with the dynamo crank on the bottom. They both have usb ports for plug in recharging. They both will charge up your phone too but pretty slow on the solar cell one and lots of cranks on the other one.  :s
    "Not all those who wander are lost"- J. R. R. Tolkien 
    2014 T@B-S
  • Options
    Coyotes don't bother me. 80% of my camping has had coyotes nearby. As close as 50 ft. To a certain degree, if I don't hear coyotes at some point it's kind of spooky. Too quiet :-)
  • Options
    NomadPilgrimNomadPilgrim Member Posts: 111
    No rear handle on the CS to attach the ball bungies. Sad face. 
    2016 T@B Maxx CS-S  following a 2008 4Runner Ltd

Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.-
    Paulo Coelho
  • Options
    With extreme gusty conditions, I'd split a couple poles - repaired them enough to use but finally got around to contacting Jason at PahaQue for replacements - What great customer service, two days later and they're out for delivery - here's hoping UPS can find the campground :-)
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Jason had my broken pole section for my visor out in two days last winter. He is great!  PahaQue as a whole is great!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Of course with all the wind here SW, I haven't deployed the Visor in months.
  • Options
    Mine was a year ago--just a sudden gust of wind and it broke the piece of pole right above the tie down.  It was easy to fix with 2 extra hands and vise grips. 

Try being in Kansas right now....I went through 45 mph winds yesterday (without the T@B because of the winds and the snow forecast) and it is unbelievable how many acres the grass fires burnt up yesterday. As far as the eye can see for miles & miles.....  Sad, very sad. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Been in that area of Kansas - Sad, sad deal.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I know they have genuine wildfires now, but they do prescribed burns every year in Kansas. There are actually photography workshops that exist around the burns. It helps keep out invasive species 

The grasslands will be back, very quickly. The loss of life and property are very sad, though.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    @jkjenn, since it is so dry in Kansas, they have been battling small grass fires for a while. It took me a while to figure out why a large patch of grass at the shoulder of I-70 would be so green, while most of the landscape is totally brown and dormant.

The super green is a not-so-recent small grass fire and the large dose of water to extinguish the fire has given a great boost to the new green grass. Yes, it will come back. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN