Options

Waving from Dallas

Greetings from new T@B 400 owners in Dallas.  We bought our new camper from Princess Craft in Round Rock based on advice from Texas folks on this forum.  It was a good experience.  We chose a camper from the dealer's inventory so it was only two weeks from the purchase until we drove it off the lot.   

We are calling our camper "The Toad" because it does where it is towed to.

I told a friend that we bought a camper, and he said, "I didn't know you like to camp," to which I replied, "I don't either."  I wonder if there are other folks like us on this forum:  we got a camper so we can travel with our dogs.  We have recently developed an interest in visiting national parks (can you ever see the Grand Canyon too many times?), and it cost us $100/day to board the dogs the last time we made that trip.  I also like to do "graving" -- taking photos of grave markers, preferably in old country cemeteries, and we hope to visit some small towns and seek out those old cemeteries now that we have the camper.  Hubby sometimes has to work at job sites some distance from our home, and the doggies and I would like to accompany him in The Toad.

Libe and Tide approve of their new digs.  We plan a trip to a state park near our home next week-end to try out the camper (hubby), practice cooking without a gazillion pieces of kitchen equipment (me), and chase squirrels and rabbits (doggies).

Now if only we can find an outdoor mat with a Alabama Crimson Tide logo my happiness would be complete.  Yes, I DID get the idea from photos that BigGrover has posted.  See, I get all kinds of ideas from this forums, not just advice on purchasing and operating a T@B.  Thanks to all of you who have contributed to the start of our adventures.  

Waving from Dallas!

Comments