NO frame cracks where tongue bolts to frame

ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,391
Twojgrams' recent post under Frame cracks where tongue bolts to frame made me think it might be useful to collect data on 2015 model year T@Bs that DO NOT show any evidence of cracking. If we assume the forum is a random sample of T@B owners, this might give of us monitoring our trailers a sense of the scope and timeline of the damage. I'll add this information to the spreadsheet and post summary statistics periodically.

So, if you own a 2015 T@B and you DO NOT have any evidence of cracking as described in the above referenced thread, please report it here!

The following information would be also be helpful if you can provide it:
  • Frame build date and serial number (printed on a sticker attached to the frame just behind the camper step).
  • Camper build date (printed on a sticker attached to the frame on the drivers side of the tongue).
  • Approximate mileage.

I'm kicking this out to a new discussion mostly to raise attention to it and keep the other discussion focused on those who have the cracks and the resolutions they are pursuing.

2015 T@B S

Comments

• jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    No cracks, frame built 1/6/2015, trailer built 1/2015, mileage ~5500
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,391
    No cracks on mine. Frame built 10/14, camper built 12/14.

I just sifted back through the other discussion and have six confirmed reports of 2015 T@Bs that are NOT cracked (vs fourteen that are).

Please keep the info coming, one way or the other!
    2015 T@B S
  • JanandDaveJanandDave Member Posts: 120
    Kind of curious if any of the fourteen with cracks have done any tongue weight modifications, such as moving the spare, adding batteries, tool boxes, bike racks, etc.
    2016 T@B 320 Max S  "T@BsentMinded"
    2009 Subaru Outback R 3.0
    2022 Ford Ranger XLT Super Cab

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Kind of curious if any of the fourteen with cracks have done any tongue weight modifications, such as moving the spare, adding batteries, tool boxes, bike racks, etc.
    Some yes, some no. The cause was deemed to be the frame manufactuer's defect.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Bump.

Have we really heard from all the 2015 owners out there? If the forum includes a representative sample, than the frame cracks are more common than not.

That's a big assumption, though. Veteran owners tend to drift away, and those with problems tend to return here seeking solutions...
    2015 T@B S
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    There are so many owners with no connection to either the forum or FB. I hope they do annual inspections.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• EscapistEscapist Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2021
    New owner of a 2015 320s Outback. Totally stock. No tongue mods or extra weight. Noticed frame cracks (both sides) on purchase. Looks like someone already tried to weld them but didn't weld on any reinforcing plate. I'm planning to weld a plate to cover the area. Any input?
    edited October 2021
    Welcome, @Escapist. This related discussion is the one you probably want to focus on--lots of info and commiseration. There are other discussions, too-do a search from "frame cracks" and see what comes up.

I can't read the entire serial number on your label, but it does not appear to match any of those for which I currently have a report of cracks.
    2015 T@B S