Options

Mosquito fix for t@b windows

124»

Comments

• Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    Brooky said:
    I read about the Bug Fuzz, just wondering what size it is and where can you get it? We have a 2015 CS-S Max.
    Which style of screen do you have? The bug fuzz is for the pleated screens. The earlier T@Bs have fully enclosed roll-up screens. I'm not sure what year Pleasant Valley switched the screen style.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Marceline said:
    Brooky said:
    I read about the Bug Fuzz, just wondering what size it is and where can you get it? We have a 2015 CS-S Max.
    Which style of screen do you have? The bug fuzz is for the pleated screens. The earlier T@Bs have fully enclosed roll-up screens. I'm not sure what year Pleasant Valley switched the screen style.
    I have an early 2015 and it has the newer screens. We did not get the little handle that connects the top and bottom.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    BrookyBrooky Member Posts: 33
    Our T@b is a 2015 CS-S with pleated screens. 
  • Options
    YukonYukon Member Posts: 4
    I am wondering how to close the space between the front window of our 2015 T@B outback and the trailer itself. We have put bug fuzz on the sides of the screen but I understand there is a foam weather stripping with a peel and stick strip that you can install. Do you do it at the bottom of the window from inside or outside. Help much appreciated.
    Thx

ToadT@B
    Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
    2015 T@B Outback Q towed by 2022 Toyota TRD Sport Premium
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    edited August 2019
    @Yukon, the gap is between the window screen frame and the inside wall of the camper. It's really obvious if you open the window, stick your head in the opening, and look directly at the point where they meet.
    I removed the screen frame entirely (IIRC it was just a screw in each corner) and stuck the foam to back of the frame. Contrary to instructions, I opted to apply the foam all the way around the frame. This necessitated a trip to the hardware store as the kit did not contain enough foam to do this.
    Since the gaps are not even all the way around, you want to use highly compressible foam such as poly (best) or vinyl. Rubber foam has the least compressibility and may make re-installation of the frame more difficult. I used 1/2" wide x 3/8" deep vinyl foam and it worked fine.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    Certainly possible--the gaps in mine were huge. I would never have even thought about it except that nuCamp sent some foam tape with my fuzz kit along with rather vague directions about putting it under parts of the front window screen frame. Once I actually took a look around, the problem--and solution--became obvious. I definitely suggest checking your own T@B before attempting mitigation.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,595
    Well today I installed the 'insect brush' on side windows; front already had it.
    Used the method @Homebodyatheart outlined back in 2018

Was a quick and painless install.  I did pop-off the lower corner plastic and cleaned out a couple dozen bug bodies.
    Asked nüCamp to send the Brush Kit after a recent outing that had way too many night time bug bits.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    rcarlson1957rcarlson1957 Member Posts: 180
    Sent NuCamp an email and they shipped door fuzz out to me right away. Took off plastic strip on each side and used a template to cut. Help white and black screen/shade string away from track. Had a cheap plastic door trim kit (used to take door trim off on vehicles) and tucked it in with that. Everything slides easily afterwards. Thanks for all the tips on here. Both windows took me under 15 min to do.  B)
    2018 TAB 320S Silver/Black w/Dandelions
    2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL (AWD) Lunar Silver Metallic
    Rick and Barbara - North Texas 
    More Smiles Per Mile! B)
    Enjoy doing and sharing mods