Options

First RV and first getaway this weekend with the wife, baby and a dog

maddmikemaddmike Member Posts: 137
We got a good deal on a barely used '17 CS. Unfortunately, the previous owner passed away before he could use it and his widow wanted it gone as she was not using it. He had it ordered from the factory to his specs. He was big on battery savings and ordered it without the audio/TV system and fridge but with some good options such as the AC, bathroom, Fantastic Fan, and external shower (we will be hitting the beaches so external shower is necessary). 

We have been car/tent campers for a while and usually take our two and then three large dogs with us. We have since added a baby to the family and wanted to get into camping again but with a little more comfort and the ability to keep the baby dry and warm/cool as necessary.

I have been doing some prep work to get ready for this weekend maiden voyage:
  • Refilled the gas tank and charged the battery
  • Sanitized and flushed the tanks
  • Picked up one of these awesome little bluetooth speakers on sale at Costco, very loud with surprisingly good sound, waterproof, small and light, built in flashlight and phone charger and has its own battery so no battery drain there. It fits easily in the top shelf above the bed so we can have our music https://www.costco.com/ECOXGEAR-EcoSlate-Waterproof-Bluetooth-Speaker.product.100336071.html
  • I work for Lenovo and have a Yoga Book where I watch most of my TV shows from and read books and my wife has her tablet so having a TV on the wall will not be missed (baby does not get TV time)
  • Needing AC, I ordered the Yamaha powered generator from Costco. However, since it will not get here on time, I went to Home Depot and picked up the Ryobi which is $100 more but you get more power and bluetooth control. I'll wait and compare it to the Costco one which I think is a bit smaller but right now, I'm kind of digging the Ryobi
  • My TV is a '16 CX-9 that I installed a cat III hitch on. Unfortunately, it has a four pin so tomorrow I have the fun of installing the correct connector on it and running it to the battery to etc.
  • Bought a bunch of miscellaneous stuff like some light-weight camping pots and pans, plastic reusable plates and cups, a rug for outside, a mattress topper from Kohl's, storage containers etc.

Ordered some stuff that won't get here in time for its first trip:

Everything so far has been working as it should except the water doesn't get hot, just warm. I tried playing with settings but cant seem to get it hot. Anyway, wish me and my small family luck on breaking Tabatha in. We will only be taking one dog which will break the other two dog's hearts but it is just too much to deal with everything and three dogs on our first trip with untested equipment in a campground we have never been to (Ocracoke Island).

Wish us luck!

Comments