Options

No fresh water —Resolved!

T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
Leaving tomorrow for a trip to northern Michigan and thought I'd check all systems beforehand.   Everything worked a couple of weeks ago, but after arriving home, I did drain all tanks including what the Alde would still have in it.   Faucets and toilet work with city water hookup but nothing comes out of the faucets or toilet when using the fresh water tank.   Pump runs but does not shut off.   I've tried to dislodge any air blocks in the line by blowing into the air intake at the fresh water fill.  I've also cleaned out the filter at the water pump.  I've read various threads and tried a few things but nothing seems to help.   Some have suggested water pump needs to be primed.   If that is the problem, is there a thread on how to do that?
2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
States Visited Map

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @T@Balong, seriously, do a search for “suck”, skip the first few until you get to the ones concerning the water pump. There are 3 discussions describing what you may need to do. Good luck!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thanks Verna.........I sorted through various threads.  I disconnected the 12 inch supply line at the bottom of the water pump closet.   I stuck that end in a gallon of water thinking it should reveal a blockage in the fresh water supply line.  However it seems like that isn't the problem, since the pump still runs with no water coming out faucets or toilet.
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    edited May 2018
    Try hooking up to city water first.  Make sure you fill the Alde tank by opening a hot water tap and let it run.  Make sure you get water out of all your taps.  Then disconnect the city water and try the pump again.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Thanks, I have done that twice and each time all the faucets and toilet work and the Alde is producing hot water.
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    If you disconnect both ends of the pump and submerge the supply end in a bucket of water and try to draw water and no outflow, then you have a large leak, a blocked pump or a dead pump.
  • Options
    Did you try this?  

At the dealer the water pump worked.  When I got it home it wouldn't pump.  The motor was running but no pressure.  Water tank was full. Solution - with pump running first loosen the clear cap on top of the small filter chamber on the input side of pump allowing the chamber to fill with water, then tighten the clear cap.  Then slightly loosen the hose connection on the output side of the pump allowing a small amount of water drip out, then tighten.  Voila!  The pump started pressuring up and is now working.  I'm a newbie and maybe this is standard operating procedure for clearing air from the pump.  Whatever, this worked for me.  Now I'm happy.
  • Options
    I've determined the pump is working, by disconnecting both 12 inch hoses at the pump, sticking one end in a container of water and pretty soon water came out the other hose.   Progress being made.   There must be a blockage from the freshwater tank to the water inlet hose at the pump.   I've sucked and sucked on it and can't get any water to come out.   Headed to the hardware store for an adapter to my blowout plug and then I will try Michigan Mike's idea of blowing air into the hose toward the fresh water tank.   BTW, my T@B was at the factory a couple of weeks ago for the repair of the frame crack (good job nuCamp!) so I don't know if in the process of doing that repair, they removed the fresh water tank and something ending up blocking the passageway.
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    This just happened to someone else.  Hope it is a fix.
  • Options
    Well, blowing back toward the fresh water tank from one end of the 12 inch hose by the water pump, using a blowout plug, produced a lot of gurgling but when I hooked everything back up, and turned the pump on, still no water.   I'm open to any ideas I haven't tried already.
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    • Is the fresh water tank full?  If not, fill it up and then try the pump.  Not sure if this will do anything.  Possible there is a kink in the supply line.  Can you see where the line exits the fresh water tank under the Tab?  
  • Options
    Did you try holding the flush valve open with your tank full?  Just read another thread where that did the trick.
  • Options
    I'll check that out in the morning when it's light out.   I'm thinking the factory might have removed the fresh water tank when installing the new frame and perhaps a kink in the line also resulted.  And yes the tank is full.
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    After a two hour drive to the campground with plenty of bumps in the road, I tried getting water from the faucets and toilets using the water pump.   No water and the pump still doesn't shut off.   Either I have a very stubborn air block or some other blockage in the line from the fresh water tank to the pump.   For this camping trip, we'll just resort to pouring water in the toilet when we need to use it.   When we get back home, I'll have to do some more serious examination under the trailer.
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    I think you are on the right track.  Keep us posted.
  • Options
    monamona Member Posts: 241
    Very similar circumstance. Go to your city water inlet, press that valve in, if water comes shooting out, your problem may be solved. Curious to see if that works for you. 

Jeannie
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • Options
    @mona - Tabalong can’t get water from the fresh water tank.  Water from the city water inlet is fine.
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    What ever was the resolve? Oddly, I am suddenly experienceing similar: pump doesn’t shut off, no water tomout side shower. I do have water at sink & toilet, so I’m not fretting to badly while camping. Will address when I get home. It’s just weird...
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    My issue has not been resolved as of yet.   We camped for five days with no kitchen sink water and poured water into the toilet to flush it.   I need to do a closer examination of the water connections under the trailer to see if there is a kink.   Today was spent building a parking shelter for our T@B.   If there are other suggestions for the water issue, I would welcome the input.
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    I crawled under the T@B today and cannot find any crimps in any of the lines.   I tried all the suggestions again and nothing gets the fresh water system working.   I've emailed Austin at nuCamp and hope he has a fix.
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    Check out the thread “Pump Problem” that addresses adjusting the pump.  Not sure if it will help or not.  There is a You Tube video available on the RV DIY site that describes some of the issues mentioned here.
  • Options
    I just watched that video and haven't done the adjustment yet but it seems like this is a solution if you have some water coming out of the faucets.  I have none at this point, but it's worth a try tomorrow.
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    I had a conversation with Austin in the nuCamp repair shop today and his recommendation is a new water pump.  He said he's seen a couple of instances where a pump passed the test I did previously (disconnect the hoses near the pump and use a closer water source and depository) but had insufficient strength to bring water up from the fresh water tank.  I might be coming back here for installation help when the pump arrives next week.
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I think the pump is just 2 wires :) , but help is always here when needed!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    ...and two hoses! ;)
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    Yeah!
  • Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    T@Balong said:
    I'm a happy camper here.........I just installed the new water pump and everything is working AOK!  The pump wasn't too hard to install, even for a person like me who doesn't have a mechanical gene.   So to summarize my issue:   city water worked fine, I blew out air blocks in the fresh water system, even got the pump to pump water from a receptacle very close to the pump but it would not pump from the fresh water tank.   Apparently something caused the pump to go "weak" so that it had insufficient strength to pump from the fresh water tank.  Austin at nuCamp made the right diagnosis...........thanks to all who helped out.
    Thanks for sharing this update with the community.

I'm happy to hear you resolved the issue. 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Yipee! Water, they have water! :joy:
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Thanks for the resolution. I added “resolved” to your subject line so others can refer to your post about how to fix this problem. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    BooRadleyBooRadley Member Posts: 39
    I just posted a similar happy water story. 
    2016 Outback