Options

Deana DeVine

GATabberGATabber Member Posts: 31
How many of you actually use the shower in your T@B? First try today...and hot water only lasted about 5 min! Not hardly long enough to get the shampoo out of my hair! 😳
2017 T@B 320 S
TV 2012 Honda Odyssey/2018 Toyota Tacoma

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    Have you adjusted the mixing valve?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    edited April 2019
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I get wet, turn off the water, lather up, and then rinse. I dont leave the water running while I shower.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    Also, did you hit the booster button before starting your shower?
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @SAM No...I thought that just controlled how hot the water gets? Won’t effect how long it lasts?
    2017 T@B 320 S
  • Options
    @RollingBnB Doesn’t that just make the water heat up faster?
    2017 T@B 320 S
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    I timed my shower once, full-on & steady. Get 5 minutes. But my fresh water tank is only 5 gallons, too!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Increasing the temperature at the mixing valve will limit the addition of cold water to your hot water tap.  So, if you have a hotter temperature coming from the limited 2.5 gallon hot water tank, you can prolong your hot shower by limiting the output of the hot water tap and adding more cold water.  Also, what Jenn said.  Navy shower.  Use the boost feature.  As Rolling BnB notes below, the Alde hot water tank temperature increases for 30 minutes (cabin heat delayed during this time).  We boost it a half hour before we shower then again at the time of our shower.  Starting with hotter water lets you use less hot water as you add in more cold water.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I take a Navy shower in my T@B 320 every day that I camp and I have never ran out of water. I did replace the stock shower wand with an Oxygenics Fury shower wand. The Fury gave me one more day of gray water that would fit into my gray tank, meaning it a a water saving, water conserving shower wand. It’s available on Amazon or at Camping World. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    @GATabber The booster setting raises the water temp in the tank so you would use less hot and more cold to balance the temp. Should make the water last longer.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    My wife uses the shower, and seems to enjoy it. 

I’ve used once or twice, and it worked fine for me. I don’t have hair though. 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    So far, we've only camped at Virginia state campgrounds that have not only full hookups but bathhouses with hot showers & toilets.  So, we've never used our shower, but then we're not even at the one year mark either.  We have yet to put anything but liquids in our toilet either, but really appreciate having it at 3 or 4am.
    I think we will eventually use our shower, and when we do, it will be wet down, water off, soap up & rinse off, not the 5+ minute continuous shower like at home.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods