Options

Tailgater by DISH satellite for my t@b S

Installed this past weekend. Dish weighs 8 lbs. just point south and let the box do its thing...takes about 15 min tops. No subscription needed, pay by month if you are not a full timer. Installed my receiver under seat. Runs on 12 volt or shore power!! Very satisfied so far.
nothing like a day of outdoor adventures and coming home to my t@b for a hot meal, a hotter shower with my Alde...and now a premier episode of Walking Dead wherever I am.Now that is roughing it.See security cable.

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I might invest in one of these for football tailgating. We will have to see.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    It's great for watching my IU Hoosiers basketball games!! I love mine. The month-by-month, no subscription was what sold me, plus after watching some guy spend an hour trying to set up a "normal" dish without a compass sold me on the auto satellite find. It certainly makes snowbirding in Arizona even more enjoyable!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    Question?  How do you change channels on the receiver if it's below the seat, doesn't the receiver have to have an exposed eye for the remote.  Unless, something has changed in the recent years.  
  • Options
    My receiver currently has a dog and dog bed in front of it, and it still works.  I've been amazed that it seems to be totally different than my home Uverse.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Deltaboy59Deltaboy59 Member Posts: 315
    Good question... I used Velcro to attach box to fender well...aim remote thru top vent...bingo.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    It's not a transceiver is it? Good for internet?
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Nope, TV receiver only for this model.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    radrenradren Member Posts: 229
    Hi,
    I am a bit lost when you say you installed it under your seat. Could you post a pic? Which seat, the bench seats? A pic of where it is and how you attach to TV would be so great. I am not very techie and I would really like to be able to enjoy the Walking Dead on the road. Does it come in everywhere or does it have to have a clear line of site? I am going to do some research but this would be something I put on my Birthday list for sure!
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    Really enjoying the Dish... Yep under passenger side bench seat. Velcro to inside fender well. Facing up. Needs a clear view of southern sky but I'm surrounded by tall pines and reception is excellent. Does not track satellite automatically so you have to do setup at each campsite... Takes about 15 min to setup and load guide. HD programming is available. Month to month subscription. Many plans. I used HDMI cable to connect to TV. I have to aim remote at slot in vent but works effortlessly so far. Since I have the t@b maxx s, this makes my t@b have all the conveniences of home ...

• Options
    LarryLarry Member Posts: 25

Couple of questions.

Is this the model?

http://www.amazon.com/Dish-ViP211Z-Tailgater-Bundle-Receiver/dp/B008BQI7WI/ref=sr_1_1/186-3988852-0723002?ie=UTF8&qid=1424194749&sr=8-1&keywords=dish+tv+tailgater

If so this info says you need an inverter to run. You say it runs on 12V. What am I missing?
    Thanks so much!

• Options
    I believe you are referring to an inverter correct ?
    Plug this into your 12 v cig lighter in your car...plug Dish receiver into this . Bingo.

• Options

Plug into your vehicle and play!
    The Tailgater® receives its power through the coax connection with the DISH receiver. The receiver will need to be plugged into an AC power outlet. You can use an AC/DC inverter to power your receiver, Tailgater® antenna, and television off of your vehicle’s DC power supply (12V power outlet). If your television is rated at more than 100 Watts, you may need to connect your inverter directly to your vehicle’s battery since most vehicular 12V connections are only rated to 150 Watts. If you plan to watch TV for more than a few hours, be sure to start and run your vehicle for a few minutes. This is required in order to keep your vehicle’s battery healthy. Please note that most vehicles, when turned on, temporarily shut off power to all connections, meaning that you may have to setup your Tailgater® antenna again in order to resume viewing satellite TV. If convenient, a portable power generator, portable power pack, or alternative accessory battery may be better options for operating your system and can help preserve your vehicle’s battery life.

• Options
    I guess a better choice of wording would be to say that you can power it from your 12 volt system with the use of an inverter.  Got mine at Wal Mart... 18 bucks.