Options

Hi from Tom and Heidi in Colorado

tomis916tomis916 Member Posts: 3
We just picked up our T@b 320S Boondock this week.  All of this (black water, gray water, etc.) is completely new to us so we have a lot to learn and the forum has been very helpful.  Thank you everyone for your contributions.

Comments

• Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Great to meet you Tom and Heidi!  Let the adventure begin.  Lots of learning but it's all good.  People here know stuff.  Even I know some stuff.  Wow Colorado!  You don't even have to travel far!  Welcome.. 
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    What a picture!  Enjoy your Tab!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @tomis916, welcome to the forum, the t@b family and congratulations on your trailer!  Nice looking combo. Just an aside as pics can be deceiving,  looks like you are towing with the nose of the t@b higher than level. On a level surface the trailer frame should be as close to level as possible. I learned a lesson in being level on the way back from picking mine up at the dealer. We drove home through a torrential rainstorm/sleet thundersnow combination. We thought we were close to level when we left the dealership. On arriving home, water that had been driven through the a/c vent could not drain through the pan drain, which is forward toward the bathroom wall. What felt like several gallons was soaked in the upholstery,  under the cabinets in the rear, all over the walls, etc. We were up in front just over an inch. Easy solution was to get a hitch with a 2" greater drop. Now if I see something  that really isn't the case, I'm sorry about the sermon. Wishing you many happy t@bbing adventures. -Denise
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    Hello and welcome. You’ve come to the right place to learn about your T@b. 

Happy Camping 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    tomis916tomis916 Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for the welcome everyone.  Dragonsdofly, funny that you should comment that the trailer seems nose high in the picture.  I was mostly concerned that my Tacoma's back was dropping too much (2 inch drop hitch), but I made the same comment about the picture before I read your comment.  I will have to look at that closer.  As you can probably guess from the mood clouds in the background, we had some rain on the way home.  Nothing appears to be flooded and Michigan probably has bigger downpours than Colorado, but I will look into it.  Thanks for the tip.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @tomis916, do a search here on the forum for “air bags” on the Tacoma. I was told by the service department at a Toyota that the only way to keep the rear end of the Tacoma from sagging while towing was to install air bags on the rear. They work wonderfully. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @tomis916, Welcome! Be safe out there& happy camping. You've come to a great place for both information & advise from a LOT of well-seasoned, knowledgeable folks! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Happy camping!!!! Congratz!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Welcome and congrats! I think I might recognize those mountains. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014