Sewer Hoses

littlelululittlelulu Member Posts: 16
Does anyone use a "Y" connector on their sewer hoses?

Comments

• merakanomerakano Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2018

Not tested in real camping yet.  I am worrying bounced stone off the road puncture the hose =) .  

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    I would be concerned about lingering debris on the corrogated tubing.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    SAM said:
    I would be concerned about lingering debris on the corrogated tubing.  
    Yeah, I see that as an undesirable result as well.  Typically, one would dump the black, then dump the grey, to wash out the residual black, with the slightly less nasty grey water.  With the pictured setup, the black leg of the Y would never get completely rinsed out, unless you removed it.  And, if you remove it to rinse, you have not saved yourself much trouble. 

However, I'm thinking in the context of camping without a sewer connection.  If you are parked for longer periods of time, and have a sewer connection, this setup would simplify your dumping to simply pulling levers.  You could worry about rinsing everything when you pack up and leave. 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @littlelulu I’d worry about a connection fail if I understand your set up to be used while towing-I don’t think the separate parts are up to the rigors of bounce and jostling of going down the road. don’t know if you’ve read this thread, but it describes a few mods to create a combined sewer outlet for the black and gray tanks. 
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/3453/single-black-gray-water-drain-setup/p2

John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

True.  You can rinse the corrugated tubing more thoroughly by flushing when hooked up to city water and a sewer line.  We have the separate outputs.  When we camp with a sewer connection, we connect the hose to the gray tank.  We let the tanks fill before dumping.
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    I had the two to one connector mod done and couldn’t be happier with it! Good luck!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • littlelululittlelulu Member Posts: 16
    Good comments.  I would connect the Y to the black tank and have extension  tubing on the grey tank.  My thinking is with the Y directly connected to the black,  grey water would rinse out the Y connection.  (Hooking up drain hose and Y opposite of the picture provided.)
    To me it is just a bother to have to switch from black to grey when emptying the tanks
    Granted it's not much of a big deal.
    I wonder why the T@B Iis not constructed with one drain as most RVs/trailers are.
    Do people really travel with drain hoses attached?  I can't imagine the hosing would survive that.
    Anyway, thanks for the feedback.
  • littlelululittlelulu Member Posts: 16
    homebody@heart:  who did the mod for you?
  • rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641

I wonder why the T@B Iis not constructed with one drain as most RVs/trailers are.

The new T@bs finally have a single hose connection.  I forget what model year it was introduced, either 2017 or 2018.
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
    2018 now have the single outlet as standard.
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @littlelulu @Dalehelman helped me with mine. I think the 2018’s have them joined now. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red