Please help me with replacement wiring

wiring was all cut when my battery was stolen. Nucorp sent replacements, but no diagrams. What I think I need to do:  connect zamp red and main cable green to positive terminal; connect zamp and main cable white to negative terminal; somehow splice main cable red and white into corresponding wires on cut main cable. Is this correct?  I’d send pictures, but when I try to include them screen freezes and I can’t post

Comments

• RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Aw man. I'm sure someone will post a picture for you! I'm sorry I don't have one.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    Instead of splicing the battery disconnect switch, is the cable long enough to reach to the junction box under the front of the Tab? That way you only need to remove the wires that are cut and replace with the new ring terminal wires.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    Judging by the ring terminals already installed on the end opposite the battery, I think what SAM is proposing is your best approach, as it will avoid any unnecessary splices in the main cable.

Not that a proper splice is a problem. However, once you cut and strip and splice all those wires, you'll have done about as much work as if you had just replaced the entire harness. Since they sent you the whole thing, you might as well use it.
    2015 T@B S
  • ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,396
    FYI, here's an image of the junction box. On mine, the positive terminal is the second from the right, and the negative terminal is the first on the right. You should confirm these locations on your own trailer by visually tracing the wires and/or using a multimeter.

The harness that you received will probably join up with the one coming out of the top right of the box. You may have to remove a bunch of electrical tape, but I think once you take a look around things will be more obvious.

2015 T@B S
  • rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    Junction box is the way to go and if ring terminals don’t fit thru existing conduit just use another knock out on the box. 
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI
  • ssstewartpdxssstewartpdx Member Posts: 5
    Thank you all! I’m so glad I asked. I haven’t gone looking for the junction box, but it sounds like a much better solution than what I would have done. 
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    The junction box is right under the front of the trailer.  Just follow the wires beyond the cut off switch.  If I remember, 2 screws ? Square headed? and the cover comes right off.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio