Options

where to dump waste legally

besides a campground that has   waste dump
ehere are other alternatives.
any and all ideas welcome

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Camping world usually has a dump site. Some state highway rest stops have them. There’s a site called sanidumps.com, but looks like it’s been down since early June.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    edited June 2018
    @Papa, some states have rv waste sites at rest stops, some free, some charge a fee. The outdoor supply stores Cabelas have rv dump sites on their property. The state of Michigan has rv dump sites in almost all state parks. If you have their pass, you don't have to be camping there, just pull in and empty your tanks at the site. Many other states have similar arrangements, but you need to have or purchase a state park pass. That's the expanse of my knowledge,  so I bow to the experts for even more info.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    edited June 2018
    @Papa, the Allstays app includes info on dump sites.  Ohio turnpike every other rest stop exit has a dump/Over night stay sites.
    Search Dump or Dump sites.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    The Less Junk, More Journey YouTube channel folks recently said they use a half dozen different apps to try to find dumps...  and that's one area where all the apps don't do that great of a job (missing many dumps; listing dumps that no longer exist).
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    DougH said:
    The Less Junk, More Journey YouTube channel folks recently said they use a half dozen different apps to try to find dumps...  and that's one area where all the apps don't do that great of a job (missing many dumps; listing dumps that no longer exist).
    Yup, me, too...and google... I usually do a search for, "rv dump xxxxx" where x= the closest town to where I will be visiting.

Truck stops often also have them, like Flying J, Pilot, etc..

Ohio has them at every other stop on the turnpike (I80) at no cost, and most states west of Illinois through Colorado have them for free at some of the rest areas. This is actually one of the reasons I take I80 and not I70 to Colorado. Walmart overnight parking availability and and the massive headwind on I70 are the other 2 reasons.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    George101George101 Member Posts: 48
    Some truckstops have dump stations as well.