Keder Rail length

Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
Does anyone know off hand the keder rail length on the CS driver side?  I am purchasing a shade cloth.

Sharon
Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio

Comments

• mannymanny Member Posts: 108
    @sam   15' ft. 4 " in  from the top of the pull handle to the back.  I hope this helps...
    2017  T@B CS-S Max ...  2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    Thanks Manny!  I hate having to store our Tab off site.  Some day it will be housed with us.  Sigh.  I ordered an 8 x 10.  That should stretch from the handle to the hinge of the hatch and shade the driver’s side and AC.
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    Smart idea @SAM! I'd be very lost if Bug was offsite and I couldn't go hide out, play with mods and daydream! How will you secure it out from your Tab?
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • mannymanny Member Posts: 108
    @sam I have a 8' ft. garage door.. she sits nice and cozy inside..   Of course its 95 deg. down here in s.w. Ohio   try to stay cool...
    2017  T@B CS-S Max ...  2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
    @manny, I’m jealous, but it only hit 94 today in NE Ohio!😅. Ditto - stay inside.

@Homebodyatheart, the setup I ordered from Amazon comes with keder rail attachments with hooks (?correct size for the rail?), ball bungees, stakes, and grommets every 1.5 feet.  We plan to attach it to the driver side keder rail and stake it to the ground 4 feet from the Tab using the stakes and cording as needed.  The hypotenuse of the triangle was just over 8 feet, so I ordered an 8 x 10.  It is good for 90% shade.  Not only should it keep the driver side cooler/less hot, but, maybe the AC will run better.  If we need more clearance for the AC, I have a tent pole/PVC apparatus that will elevate the shade cloth away from the AC.  We’ll see how it works.  We pick up the Tab Friday in preparation for some work at nuCamp and then on to uCamp.
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    SAM said:
    @manny, I’m jealous, but it only hit 94 today in NE Ohio!😅. Ditto - stay inside.

@Homebodyatheart, the setup I ordered from Amazon comes with keder rail attachments with hooks (?correct size for the rail?), ball bungees, stakes, and grommets every 1.5 feet.  We plan to attach it to the driver side keder rail and stake it to the ground 4 feet from the Tab using the stakes and cording as needed.  The hypotenuse of the triangle was just over 8 feet, so I ordered an 8 x 10.  It is good for 90% shade.  Not only should it keep the driver side cooler/less hot, but, maybe the AC will run better.  If we need more clearance for the AC, I have a tent pole/PVC apparatus that will elevate the shade cloth away from the AC.  We’ll see how it works.  We pick up the Tab Friday in preparation for some work at nuCamp and then on to uCamp.
    "Hypotenuse" ... and no one ever thought that math was going to be necessary for fun things in life!!! ;)
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
    @Ratkity, I could not figure out how big a shade we needed, so this worked!  They even have an online calculator now,
    @SAM I rem when the first calculators came out! $300. Of course, @ericnliz remembers when the abacus was invented. :rofl:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
    Ok, how about the slide rule.  Now you’re talking!
    @SAM my dad gave me one he used in engineering school (he worked for IBM for 34 years almost 20 years ago). I used it to make straight lines. hehe.
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    My Dad used a slide rule until shortly before he was stricken with Alzheimers.  My brother looked for and found Daddy’s slide rule, a prized possession because my brother still remembers how to use it, too! 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    It's also good to have friends when you run out of fingers & toes! :rofl:
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    Hey folks... I'm not THAT old and I had to learn to use a slide rule in high school!!!
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA