Options

New camper

This discussion was created from comments split from: Cool Cat in 400.

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    edited July 2018
    @jcfaber1, did you replace your Tab with something else?  I still remember your great flexible solar panel framing.  Beautiful!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    jcfaber1jcfaber1 Member Posts: 318
    edited July 2018
    We are getting a Lance 1475S.  While I liked the 400, I could not get beyond the small fridge.  I am going to install rooftop solar and I still have my 200 watt solar suitcase (which has the flexible PV) which we will use when parking in the shade.  I plan to add the Micro Air to the new Lance to make it easier for the AC to run off of a generator.  I also acquired a Honda 2200.  Last fall we were camping in the Black Hills where we were in an area with a lot of shade, rainy days and a sun lower in the horizon caused us to take a nice day to charge up the batteries instead of hiking.  I am still committed to solar, just want both options. 
    John

2007 T@B

Rockford, IL

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    They look like a spacious set up.  When does it arrive?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    jcfaber1jcfaber1 Member Posts: 318
    edited July 2018
    We special ordered it.  I have a different axel being put in it so that we clear the ground with 2 5/8 more lift.  We get it in the next month or two.  It has the same windows as the T@B which is what drew us to it.  It does not have the Alde but has the Truma Combi combined water heater and furnace.  The build quality is on a par with NuCamp.  The woodwork in it uses a plywood that contains no formaldehyde.  Like everything else, it is a matter of trade offs.  I will miss the cuteness but appreciate the space and refrigerator size.  Time will tell.  
    John

2007 T@B

Rockford, IL

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @jcfaber1, stay in touch.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    Looks like a great choice, those are quality campers.  Good call on the axle, love having ground clearance.  I can see a 4 season version of this in our future.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra