Options

Paper towel rack over entry door

2»

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    @morey000 scroll up to my July 2018 post with a pic of our Tab Azdel walls. Aluminum framing covered in the Azdel is what keeps us lightweight. Personally I only use heavy duty velcro on the walls with no problems. My comfort level stops there, but others have nailed things to the wall and seem to be fine. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    FergieFergie Member Posts: 143
    A 1/2 inch self-tapping broad headed screw may or may not go thru to the opposite side of the paneling. It certainly doesn't reach the outside wall of the trailer. The paper towel application is not a heavy one, even with a full roll of paper.

As I said originally, I sure wouldn't do this for anything heavy without connecting to a stud member, which is difficult to locate in our aluminum frame T@B's. I made this mod several years ago and have put over 10,000 miles on our T@B since, including our move from Minnesota to Alaska and many trips up here since. It is still securely in place.

As far as resale values are concerned, I consider all my mods sales pluses, not  detractors and would advertise them as such.

Fergie

• Options
    FergieFergie Member Posts: 143
    Correction, they were 3/4 inch screws. I guess we need to be precise here on this blog!

Fergie

• Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726

Thanks @Dhauf, got mine printed in green.  I put loop Velcro to pad where it contacts the wood. And a small piece of hook Velcro to hold the right piece in place. The left side is pushed up against the coat hook.  Probably the lightest mod to date. 😁
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    dhaufdhauf Member Posts: 199
    db_cooper said:

Thanks @Dhauf, got mine printed in green.  I put loop Velcro to pad where it contacts the wood. And a small piece of hook Velcro to hold the right piece in place. The left side is pushed up against the coat hook.  Probably the lightest mod to date. 😁
    That’s awesome!  So glad you like it.  Thanks for sending a pic of it in use!  Makes me happy someone else can benefit from this also.
  • Options
    NinabeanNinabean Member Posts: 68
    edited May 2019
    Interesting ideas on the paper towel rack.  I just purchased this from Amazon and it sticks anywhere.  They also give you two sticky strips so you can locate in another area.  I do not know how damaging it might be to pull it off but I placed mine on the glass panel separating the tv from cooktop.  It adheres very nicely.  It could also be mounted under the top cabinets.
    The small screws on the plastic strip are to attach the SS paper towel holder.

EDITED FOR PHOTO SIZE.

2019 T@b 400 “Hazel”   Towed with a 2013 Ford F-150 STX  4X4 SuperCab 5.0L
    table mod