Options

Shakedown trip with T@B C@B@N@

Niki_PurNiki_Pur Member Posts: 14
edited July 2018 in Introductions

Hello Everyone:

After finally emerging from my “lurking” mode on this Forum, I posted some questions to this group in anticipation of my first trip in my “new-to-me” 2016 T@B 320S Outback.  The welcome messages, and constructive feedback, was so heartwarming and much needed and appreciated.

Happy to report that my first trip was tremendously gratifying and such a rich learning experience.  Some thoughts (and pictures) to share with this engaging community of fellow T@Bbers.

After speaking to a Bear Run Campground (PA) staff member, I opted for a quieter location in the campground (by the horse pasture) and was both glad (and sorry) that I did.  Glad because I LOVED the peace and quiet, and the friendly and curious equine neighbors, but leveling the T@B was a CHALLENGE.  A helpful campground employee helped me level the T@B and despite using ALL 14 Lynx leveler pieces I had with me, and 4stabilizers pads, I still needed wooden blocks and a plank.  The guy was kind enough to build me steps too so that I could enter the T@B!

Once I finished leveling though, the rest of the setup and trip was wonderful.  To my surprise, the T@B interior is generous in terms of storage for everything I needed – so easy to organize.  My dog loved it too.  The T@B was super comfortable (got the bed-slats from Elsie at NuCamp) and I could not be happier with the quality of the workmanship and finishes.

Cannot wait to go back soon for my next adventure.  My confidence level increased with each day and was sad the morning I knew, I would have to initiate the teardown to head back home. A few lessons learned – carry less food than I did this time and carry more leveling blocks :) so I don't need as much "propping up."

As expected, the T@B turned heads and made people smile.  The surprising thing though was that there was another T@B parked in the same line of campsites (great couple enroute to Calgary from Florida) so I felt I had friends.  The picture shows their T@B in the foreground and my T@B in the back.

Finally, the best outcome – I found the perfect name for my T@B (thanks to my sister) – T@B - C@B@N@!  I ordered the decals so I know I loved the name enough to commit to it.  Thanks for all your support.

Niki

2016 T@B Max-s Outback aka T@B C@b@n@;
TV 2015 Toyota Highlander Limited aka Umatree

Niki

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,528
    Good work with the yeoman’s job of leveling.  That was a serious slope.  Looks like you had a nice set up, too.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    That was so nice of the camp employees to help level and then build steps!! Looks like an awesome spot (except leveling). There are collapsable steps you can get that vary in height and store nicely. Welcome to the forum!!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Niki_PurNiki_Pur Member Posts: 14
    Thank you @SAM for your comments - and more importantly for taking on the role as one of this Forum's moderators.
    @Ratkity - the employee was really attentive and kind.  I could not believe he built the steps for us!  May I ask more about the steps?  I have seen the plastic folding ones that one gets in stores like Bed, Bath.  Are you referring to those, or do they make special camper specific folding steps?
    2016 T@B Max-s Outback aka T@B C@b@n@;
    TV 2015 Toyota Highlander Limited aka Umatree

Niki
  • Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

It's often surprising how many blocks and things are needed when trying to level on a significant slope.  It sometimes seems that you can never have too many blocks. 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @Niki_Pur, I got mine at a local RV parts store.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)