Options

Schematics Wanted

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    edited August 2018
    Modifications Session

Never Mind.

NuCamp to provide a mechanical drawing showing safe areas of Floor front/rear, lower/upper side walls, and diamond plate area that are safe drilling or cutting zones.  General areas owners could place a wire port (for example) without hitting the frame members or internal systems.

Additional mechanical drawing showing roof (including rear slope & diamond plate) frame locations.  Locations owners can mount items that needs to be mounted to the frame member.

@Photomom  You did ask for a Wishlist, right?

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Modifications Session

NuCamp to provide a mechanical drawing showing safe areas of Floor front/rear, lower/upper side walls, and diamond plate area that are safe drilling or cutting zones.  General areas owners could place a wire port (for example) without hitting the frame members or internal systems.

Additional mechanical drawing showing roof (including rear slope & diamond plate) frame locations.  Locations owners can mount items that needs to be mounted to the frame member.

@Photomom  You did ask for a Wishlist, right?
    That doesnt seem to be üCamp related, necessarily.  =)

IMHO, there would be quite a risk in doing this as it does vary from model year to model year. For example, the location of the freshwater tank cha fed mod production year 2015, when they started including a 10 gallon freshwater tank. 

If you have specific questions, nüCamp has always been very helpful to those who reach out to them, directly for this type of information. They are more than happy to help you do your project, safely.

You are basically asking them to hand you a blueprint for their product. Personally, I think it is unfair to ask that, as they are far more transparent about their builds than anyone on the market and competition is growing, including manufacturers who producing nearly identical copies.

People reached out to the factory when installing the roof rack on the rear of the T@b when the boondock came out and the factory was very good at helping people.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    jkjenn said:
    That doesn't seem to be üCamp related, necessarily.  =)

Noted, you made excellent points in your statement.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    Hey @MuttonChops, you seem to like diagrams, so feel free to create and share your own schematics as you learn things from your various mods. I did this with the plumbing, and another member offered up a very detailed wiring schematic.

Obviously, such info would not be officially endorsed by nuCamp and would carry the usual disclaimers, but I'll bet they would still be appreciated by many members.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    jkjenn said:
    People reached out to the factory when installing the roof rack on the rear of the T@b when the boondock came out and the factory was very good at helping people.
    Good point. I have the instructions for this install (courtesy, IIRC, of @Ratkity). I've posted them in the "Users Manuals..." category under a new discussion titled Structural Information.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,655
    edited August 2018
    There was this really nice solar panel mod that had some fairly specific diagrams of the Tab's roof frame.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    There was this really nice solar panel mod that had some fairly specific diagrams of the Tab's roof frame.

Yep. That's the diagram from the roof rack install instructions (albeit a bit clearer).

Perhaps at some point I'll incorporate some additional selected photos/diagrams into that discussion. That's going to take a bit more thought/effort, however.  ;-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,655
    Sorry, didn't realize I cross posted....
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    No apologies needed @pthomas745. Looking back, there are some additional good images in that thread--and I know there are some other good factory photos lurking around. I think collecting, screening, and organizing some other into the Structural Information section would be worthwhile project when time permits. 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    The roof solar panels were from @AldebaranJill's install I believe. 
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    rbrtmrbrtm Member Posts: 34
    Every car I've owned had manuals and schematics available. They were maintenance manuals not blueprints.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,496
    @rbrtm Yes, it would be nice, but in the RV world things are different.  Especially nuCamp whose business model allows them to listen to owners feedback and make essential changes at anytime during a given model year.  So, how does a boutique organization that honors custom requests during the build process provide a standard manual/schematics in that situation?  They can’t.  But they will share information to an inquiring owner as they are very accessible.  All you need to do is ask.  They also support this forum that has an abundance of info and resources, including new found maintenance issues.  The owners receive appliance info on delivery and nuCamp online manuals do include recommended maintenance.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio