Options

EXCITED & NERVOUS. Custom goes in this week! What are we missing?

ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 411
LAST CALL, I am a nervous excited wreck! Hahahah we started writing up our custom order with the dealer today and are trying to iron our a few things. I SO want to make sure we ask for any mod we might want or need. Would you mind double checking me? 

So far our mods are custom color, custom trim color, sending fabric to the factory, floral for back, stripes for the butt cushions, split upper back seat, boondock lite, factory solar, cargo nets on the door, metal tub powder coated to match trim with built in spare holder on platform, all stickers except T@B oval and NüCamp moved to drivers side, no Boondock stickers, Sofitel lighted handle instead of Boondock, amber porch light, install Maxx Fan, hardwire Progressive surge protector, dealer will install keyless entry.

Thanks for all of your help, opinions and advice! 

I‘ve got to be missing something, I can feel it. 🤨

2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
We slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.

Comments

• Options
    reeddreedd Member Posts: 61
    Are you thinking about changing the stock battery out for 2-6 volt golf cart batteries at some point?  I don't know if NuCamp or the dealer would do that but it would be good to have it done now to save the hassle.  Great compromise on the metal tub!  =). Your choices sound great and congratulations!  
    Deb - 2017 T@B U-basic Outback silver/silver  D@mselfly  
    2001 Toyota Tacoma 4WD New Mexico
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    Additional 110/12 v outlets?
    Change or add lighting?  I think Elsie has a different colored led porch light now.
    Installed battery monitor if you intend to boondocks.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    Consider a different battery than the Interstate HD24-DP. Folks are under the impression that this is a 100 amp hour battery and it’s shown as such on the NuCamp website. But in fact it is 100 minutes reserve capacity or 41.67 amp hours. There are AGM 100AH alternatives at equivalent weight but slightly more expensive. 
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 923
    Make sure you specify MaxxFan Deluxe.  The Deluxe models have the built in rain cover.
    Have Fun!
    Bob

• Options
    edited August 2018
    @reedd and @rcuomo my dealer says he puts a good battery in there and he uses it with his solar and never runs out of power. We are going to give it a try.

• Options
    Additional 110/12 v outlets? 
    Where would I want them? It’s hard to know before we use it. We are tent campers now. 

Change or add lighting?
    Again, not sure what to ask for! Hahaha any help here?

I think Elsie has a different colored led porch light now.
    I forgot to add that. We did ask for the amber porch light so we aren’t blasting the neighbors.

Installed battery monitor if you intend to boondocks.  
    So is this something hard wired in? We do intend to Boondock. I can order on Amazon and ship.

• Options
    edited August 2018
    rfuss928 Thanks Bob. We are drop shipping it to them. I have the 7000K in my shopping cart which is $244.24. The 5100K doesn’t have a remote and runs $207.39. Do you think the remote is important? This is the one item I haven’t researched much because it’s so highly recommended.

I just found this hilarious review on Amazon.
    “Replace that crummy bathroom fan that came with your RV. Be sure to measure your wife's reach before deciding not to get the remote control model. I have to get my wife a short pool queue so she can control it.”

• Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 923
    edited August 2018
    I don't have the remote model.  I can reach the controls from any where in the T@B and don't see the need. 
    My 6200K  is  5 or 6 years old.  I think the thermostat operation is one of the best features after the built in rain shield.  It varies the fan speed proportional to the temperature difference from your set point.  Very nice!
    Bob

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Thanks Bob. It looks like the 5100 and the 6200 are identical, it’s just that the white is the 51 and smoke the 62. Ordered! Thanks!

• Options
    We had the Victron BMV 700 battery monitor installed with production.  I believe this is a model that multiple people have had installed, so they are familiar with the requirements.  Since you have ordered the solar package with charge controller, they would need to feed a wire off the junction box for the charge controller negative battery lead.  All of this is done much easier with install and you can locate the display, shunt and charge controller inside.  

I also agree about planning to install a larger battery.  If you plan to boondock, you will need more capacity than the limited capacity that dealers routinely provide.

Regarding lights and outlets, are you ordering a S or CS?
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    +1 to what @Sharon_is_SAM ssid.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    @ColleenD2 I don't remember if you are ordering a 400 or 320. I can't be of much help with a 400 but with my 320S I paid the dealer the difference between a group 24 and group 27 battery, and drove off the lot with a 27. I'm happy with that choice, and have never had battery issues. The dealer puts the battery in before you drive it away, so you have time to figure it out. Are you having a Zamp solar outlet installed on the side of your tub? It was stock in my 2017, but not anymore. I did just get lightweight suitcase 120w solar panels, and love that they are "plug and play!"  I would get the split back cushions in my 320 in a heartbeat! At some point that will be my next big mod. Good luck! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    We are getting a 320U. 

• Options
    edited August 2018
  • Options
    I would get the BMV-712, now. It has built in bluetooth.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Thank you! And I was just reading your post about them. So to clarify, the T@B comes with a terrible monitor and I should get the BMV-712. 

• Options
    ColleenD2 said:
    Thank you! And I was just reading your post about them. So to clarify, the T@B comes with a crappy monitor and I should get the BMV-712. 
    The monitor included does not give you much detail a d will not tell you the actual state of charge of your battery. You need a shunted monitor for that. Victron is one of the companies that make them.

• Options
    Great! Thank you. Will order and will drop ship to them. Is that what you did @Sharon_is_SAM or did they have a better/cheaper way to order it. I never thought to ask.

• Options
    @jkjenn is it really worth the $60difference to get the Bluetooth? I am torn. 

• Options
    @ColleenD2, we purchased our BMV in advance and we delivered it to the factory - we are close to NuCamp so no biggie.  I like the Bluetooth feature and our model required a separate wire that just complicated the install.  So, for the sake of simplicity and latest technology, I would go with the updated model.  I think you need to speak with the dealer to determine the arrangement of getting the BMV delivered to NuCamp.  NuCamp may order it for you.  Just ask.
  • Options
    Thank you! I will drop ship it via Amazon.