New user of T@B 320S trying to fill water tank

It is Sunday and my service people cannot help me. Hoping someone here can.  I have been running a hose to the City water intake for what seems like a couple of hours. Water is coming out of all faucets but the water level monitor  is still reading 0.  It is not coming out the overflow or the pet coco drain when I open it.  Am I getting any water into the tank or not?  Where is the tank and can Ilook at it to see if or how much water I have. How do I know when my tank is full.  
Many thanks from a new user on Vancouver Island.

Comments

• DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    edited August 2018
    You are correct, the screw in city water connection does not fill the fresh water tank.  Tank filling is done by pushing on the bottom of the circular area just above the city water connection... and filling the port exposed when that disc swings open.

2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,572
    edited August 2018
    The fill for the water tank is completely separate from the city water inlet.
    It's a white circular plastic fitting. It may have a flap that you push to open or a screw-on cover. Sorry I don't have a photo handy.
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,680
    @elainep, just an FYI, make sure you have a water pressure regulator connected to the city water outlet while on city water.  Excess pressure can damage the plumbing.  Also, when you fill your tank, fill it slowly to allow air to displace and escape.  You will hear it gurgle and you will learn to recognize the sound of nearly full.  Then check your See Level.  It is also not a bad idea to learn your See Level accuracy by filling 2 gallons at a time, then check the level.  Disconnect your city supply when you run your pump with your fresh water tank, otherwise you can damage the pump.

Well, after running your city water for so long, you should have evacuated all the air from the plumbing and filled the Alde.  You should have no problems running the pump.  Let us know if you need more help.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • elainepelainep Member Posts: 4
    Thank you so much.  Tank now reading 100%.  Appreciate the pictures.
    To clarify, city water is for the plumbing  and heating and potable water is in the fresh water tank?

• ChrisandAlexisChrisandAlexis Member Posts: 120
    @elainep , the water in the fresh water tank is used for water (toilet, shower, kitchen faucet) whenever you are not hooked up to city water. Just don't let the fresh water tank get below 20-25% on the SeaLevel meter or else the pump will be sucking air instead of water.

Chris and Alexis-- Roseville, California--2017 T@B CS-S--Toyota 4Runner
    Thank you Denise - wish they had explained this in more detail when  I picked it up Thursday.  Really, really appreciate the 'novel' - Elaine
  • TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    A dealer never really covers it all.  First, find your manual.  This can be found on the nucamp website.  I recommend printing that out.  Then, there are super sites around like Jenn Grover website/blog. I picked up a lot of help from her.  Print out other info as well, battery usage, winterizing etc.  Also many videos out there.  More info is available here.  It might require a search or two. It is there, just scattered about, even with the hard work of the moderators to organise it all. On this forum, they have set it up with categories.  Don't be frustrated.  You will learn stuff.  I'm still trying to learn stuff myself.

Stuff is good!
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

I receive @jkjenn blog via email.  Hey Jenn, your last entry was really good for our forum 320 newbies!  A very direct and brief question/answer tutorial including videos and links.  Well done!

https://jenngrover.com/2018/08/jenns-top-answers-and-troubleshooting-steps-for-tb-320-owners/
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,394
    I receive @jkjenn blog via email.  Hey Jenn, your last entry was really good for our forum 320 newbies!  A very direct and brief question/answer tutorial including videos and links.  Well done!

https://jenngrover.com/2018/08/jenns-top-answers-and-troubleshooting-steps-for-tb-320-owners/
    Thanks, I have thought of a few more around the air conditioner and I need some time to organize them better and add a few photos and illustrations, but I will have all winter for that.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
  • BeenieBeenie Member Posts: 21
    edited February 2022
    Where can I buy a city water tank inlet for 2018 Nucamp 320 S-CS (like the one pictured above)?

Amazon for a threaded inlet