Options

pump pushing water out city fill SOLVED

rick0612rick0612 Member Posts: 2
When I turn on the water pump, the water system does not pressurize and water comes out the city fill. I checked filter at pump and it is clean. We were planning on leaving tomorrow but this may put the kibosh on that.
Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    SweetlyHomeSweetlyHome Member Posts: 336
    edited September 2018
    It looks like the back flow valve in the city water fill fixture has failed.  This happened to us as well.  There are several threads on the forum where members have replaced this item. If your on the road a quick fix is to install a "garden hose shut off valve" directly on the city water fill.  These can be picked up at any big box or home improvement store.
    Jupiter, Florida~T@B 400, with 2018 Toyota 4Runner

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    I agree with SweethlyHome.  Either the one way valve on the City Water connection has failed, or is stuck.  Open the City Water connection cover and stick your finger inside the valve - you should feel it move and water, of course, will get your shoes wet.  Try moving it in and out and see if it does not reset.  Just an FYI, make sure you do not run your pump when you have your City Water pressurizing the system via a hose.  It can lead to pump failure.

Sharon
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,513
    Also, are you sure all your plumbing valves are open correctly?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    rick0612rick0612 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks folks!!
    I took the inlet filter out and saw the valve. Pressed it a few times and got wet but that fixed the problem. Probably had some debris caught in there. I like the hose valve suggestion and will be carrying one just in case.

Thanks again
  • Options
    rcarlson1957rcarlson1957 Member Posts: 181
    I had a similar problem on way to Smoky Mountain Rally recently and in my case, the fix was simple. On my 2018 320S there is a city water adapter. I always attach a spigot with a pressure regulator to that before attaching my water hose. Inside the spigot was a rubber washer with a curved filter screen on it that is about 1/2 in long. It's designed to be inserted with the screen facing into the spigot, not toward the camper. I had it turned around and it faced into the city water connection on the camper. When I tightened it it pushed on the check valve inside the city water connection and opened the check valve. So when I turned on pump water came out the city water connection. Check to make sure nothing is pushing into your city water connection when you tighten it before trying to replace the city water connection/check valve. 
    2018 TAB 320S Silver/Black w/Dandelions
    2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL (AWD) Lunar Silver Metallic
    Rick and Barbara - North Texas 
    More Smiles Per Mile! B)
    Enjoy doing and sharing mods