Options

Resetting regulator on the propane tank

ChrisKChrisK Member Posts: 272
edited September 2018 in Tips & Tricks
If this has been posted, please delete. I did do a search but couldn't find an existing topic about this other than it can happen.

I got my propane tank refilled today and tried to start the fridge afterwards. It wouldn't light. The light came on, I got a "woosh" then the light went out and would not come back on. I tried lighting a burner (which lit), turning the bottle on less and more, different positions on the dial, and opening the propane valve slowly. Nothing worked. Last time this happened, I tried again after a while with the tank turned on less but that didn't work this time. I did a little interwebbing and found out how to reset the internal propane regulator on the tank itself. Its pretty simple.

1) Turn off all propane devices.
2) Turn off the valve on the propane tank.
3) Disconnect the hose from the propane tank and leave it disconnected for about a minute. 
4) Reconnect the hose.
5) Open the propane valve very slowly.
6) Light a burner. 

I did this and the fridge immediately started up on propane. I used the Tabaz method of holding in the red button for about a minute. It stayed lit on the first try. I think the burner lighting as noted above was residual propane in the lines. The flame was much bigger from the burner after I did the reset.
2014 T@b S Max AKA T@dpole

Comments