Options

plumbing modifications

Hello I'm still a beginner to all those T@B modifications and I would appreciate some input. I have a Dutchman 2007 T@B. Here's the modification I'm planing to do this winter.

I want to add direct city-water connection and also want to add another connector to fill my actual tank without having to take out my jug each time. Do I need some kind of one-direction valve so when I'm connected to city-water valve, water won't get into my jug or the current water pump should do the job of blocking the flow? Can I use my current water reservoir or do I need a specialized one? How do I connect the filling hose to my jug ?

I also want to add a new faucet (IKEA) that's not electric. Will my actual water pump only start "on-demand" or do I have to get a new water pump that works on demand ? 

Thank you for your input.

Alex Leblanc
T@B Newbie
Québec, Canada

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    I believe the TaBs have a check valve just beyond the city water connection to prevent water being pumped from the tank through the city water inlet.  I am not sure of your current “pump” arrangement, but if you install an electric pump, you can use whatever faucet that will fit the space.

See the category for Manuals and look under Plumbing Resources.  

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    I'm not completely sure what it is you are trying to do, or how it is different from your current configuration (I have a 2015). I can tell you the pumps on newer T@Bs appear to have an internal check valve that prevents filling of the fresh water tank when connected to city water.
    This is in addition to the check valve on the city water inlet that Sharon_is_SAM mentioned. 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @photoalex, sounds like you're trying to plumb a Dutchman t@b like a current one, and you appear to be well on the way. Hope all the plumbing gurus jump in to assist. Remember that sometimes, the most elegant and efficient solution is the simplest. If you are sourcing parts, Elsie at nüCamp is a great asset, ext 304. Good luck, keep us updated and post lots of pics with descriptions.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 927
    edited September 2018
    The city water connectors you show generally have the check valve built in.  The internal pump check valve prevents the tank from being filled from the city water supply.
    I made the permanent tank mod to my CS and have some photos of the process.  I know there are photos of the same modification for interior kitchen models in the Yahoo forum Photo Files - Plumbing modifications.

As a point of comparison for those of you with new T@Bs, these photos show 100% of the plumbing in a DM CS.  Elegant simplicity!

Have fun!!
    Bob

• Options
    photoalexphotoalex Member Posts: 7
    Thank you @rfuss928for the info. You really did a wonderful job.  I must admit there's a lot of great information on Yahoo groups but the interface is not easy for searches. I can't seem to locate the right information. 
    Alex Leblanc
    T@B Newbie
    Québec, Canada