Extended Warranty?

mikedmiked Member Posts: 8
Hello, taking delivery on our 2019 320CS-S this week. The finance company is offering a extended warranty (7 years) that can. E added to the payment. With NuCamps quality and one year warranty. How many of you have purchased extended warranty? Is it worth it?

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    Generally not worth it.  The 320 CS model has been out multiple years - long enough to have worked out any kinks.  I guess you need to consider your access to a quality repair facility and your ability to self pay for repair work beyond the included 1 year warranty.  Also, all the appliances have their own warranties.  If you live within a reasonable drive to the factory, you can get factory quality repairs at a reasonable price.  Not to mention the quality craftsmanship and materials used.  These things are typically much more advantageous to the seller than the purchaser.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • mikedmiked Member Posts: 8
    This was my thought also, I am a trades person and would probably make a repair better myself
  • N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    I would probably skip, although I bought one when my car was new and it paid off, however a lot more moving parts! If it is bumper to bumper including the appliances it might be worth it depending on cost. Now if it was a photocopier I would highly recommend :)
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • dinzzydinzzy Member Posts: 180
    I wouldn’t.  NuCamp is great to work with the life of your trailer.  Just read other experiences here!
    Tow with a 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2016 T@B CS-S Max

• JPRolandJPRoland Member Posts: 115
    I was surprised when the finance manager tried to get me to buy an extended warranty for three thousand dollars! Yes, $3,000.00! That's insane. I have never purchased an extended warranty on anything and think of the money I have saved! I have saved a bundle. It was funny to go from the salesperson who described the T@B as one of the most quality-built RV's they have ever offered. "Nearly bullet-proof." Then I walked to the finance manager who painted a bleak picture of all of the things that were about to go wrong. It was if the frame was about to come loose and the wheels were going to fall off on the ride home. It's like buying a warranty for a phone charger at Best Buy. An extended warranty is a very profitable part of the auto, boat, and RV business. It typically does not cover all that they would like you to believe and it is typically not worth the money. I always tell the person offering it to me that I like to take chances and the thrill of living dangerously. 
  • KismetKrushKismetKrush Member Posts: 29
    Hi, Jill here, this is the most recent post I can find on extended warranties. Today is May 1, 2022. I live in Arizona-far from Ohio's facility-and because of that was contemplating if and who I should buy an extended warranty from on my new 2022 tabs320s after the 1 year has expired. If anyone has bought one with a great experience and has the time to share that would be spectacular, thanks!
  • db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    The general consensus here is to pocket the money you'd spend on the warranty for future repairs.  These trailers aren't automobiles, but often the extended warranties offered are almost as much.  There's not a lot of super expensive things that will go wrong in the early years of ownership.  And if you are the least bit handy you'll probably do a better job repairing it than an RV repair shop.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra