Options

2019 Boondock Edge Issues

We've had our trailer for almost two months and have had a blast in it, but have had quite a few problems latrely.  I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same issues?

The first problem was water leaking in through the bathroom light whenever it rained.  We brought it back to the dealer, it turns out that the solar panel wir in ng wasn't sealed.  The dealer was great and fixed it right away.

The other problems are with the Alde.  The hot water was never very hot.  The salesman said that the hot water temp was set low, and that we would probably want to adjust it and he showed us how to do it.  We adjusted the water temp, the sink water was hot, the shower was cold and water flushing the toilet was hot.  This was last weekend.  We had a trip planned for this weekend, so we decided we'll bring it back on Monday.  We get to our campsite today, turn on the Alde and get "overheat red fail" with warning triangles.  We decided that we'd leave the Alde off for the weekend, since we really didn't  want anything to explode.   

Our dealer has been fantastic so far, so I'm sure we'll be able to get everything taken care of, but I'm a little concerned about what other surprises we may get later on.

Has anyone else had anything like this happen or did we just get a lemon?

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Hi @pinkrobot42 and welcome to the forum.

What Tab do you have and what dealer is helping you?  Assuming you used the mixer valve to adjust your temperature, did you loosen the set screw before you turned the knob, or did you just turn the knob toward the + sign?

I am not familiar with that particular Alde warning sign, did you check the Alde manual?

Did you check the glycol level in the Alde reservoir?  Were you trying to heat the cabin or just water?  

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    PamandJohnUpNorth2PamandJohnUpNorth2 Member Posts: 141
    edited October 2018
    @pinkrobot42 I am not familiar with the issue but did find the error message in the Alde 3020 US Manual:

Overheat red fail: Overheat (red cable). Bleed the system of air. Check the fluid level in the expansion tank. It shouldbe approx. 0.5 in (1 cm) above the Min mark when cool. Check that the circulation pump is responding. Wait 15 mins
    for the fluid to cool down. This fault can arise if the hydronic heating system is run at high power at the same time asthere are air pockets in the heating system; the hydronic heating system should then be vented properly. If the fault
    recurs, contact a dealer.

I hope this is helpful.
    Pam and John
    Champlin, Minnesota
    2018 T@B400 and a 2018 Ridgeline 

• Options
    PamandJohnUpNorth2PamandJohnUpNorth2 Member Posts: 141
    edited October 2018
    @pinkrobot42 If you do not have an Alde manual with you here is a link on the forum where you can find the 3010 and 3020 manuals::I do not know for sure which model is in the 2019 Boondock Edge but I am going to guess it is the 3020.
    Pam and John
    Champlin, Minnesota
    2018 T@B400 and a 2018 Ridgeline 

• Options
    pinkrobot42pinkrobot42 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for all of your responses.  We have a 320s and adjusted the temp with the screw. Will go through the manual and see if that works. 
  • Options
    Jaxie985Jaxie985 Member Posts: 49
    I had the same warning message on mine and got it fixed by an awesome service manager at a dealership while I was traveling. It turns out the glycol level was fine, the adjustment on the water mixing valves was the problem. After he reset it he did also take off the black covering where the wiring terminals are, removed the negative wire for one minute, then reattached it. It worked!

2018 T@B 320 Boondock 
    2018 Nissan Frontier
    Kennebunk, ME USA
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    The red light comes on for me when I open the propane too quickly. Turn off the Alde, close the propane, let it rest for a minute, and then open it very, very slowly. Pressure builds up when the LP is closed.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    Not sure why the mixer valve would impact the Alde.  
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    . . . adjusted the water temp, the sink water was hot, the shower was cold and water flushing the toilet was hot
    During my dealer walk through the Flushing Water was also hot.  Turned out to be the winter by-pass valve was set in wrong position.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    At uCamp 2018, I spoke with the Alde rep and a nuCamp employee.  An owner had problems with hot water coming out of the cold taps and toilet.  They reported it was due to the Alde proximity to the cold water supply.  They said it is not uncommon for the cold water to be temporarily warm as it simply warms up in the plumbing.  

If the Alde is bypassed, then there will be no water entering the tank for heating.  I suspect that flush water was warmed up the same way.
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    If the Alde is bypassed, then there will be no water entering the tank for heating.  I suspect that flush water was warmed up the same way.
    Correct if Alde is Correctly bypassed.
    That was not the case during my T@B demo.  The flush water was hot enough to steam the mirror and lasted until the Adle 2-gallon tank was empty of hot water - - several flushes.  The longer the T@B sat with water not being used the hotter the next flush cycle water became.

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • Options
    I see.  You need to close the hot and cold water valves in addition to opening the bypass.  So, it makes sense how yours ended up flushing hot water!