Motorized or Hand Crank Hitch Jack to easily move T@B around?

saw a cool Trailer Valet online that allows easy single person moving on trainers in tight spaces?  I asked on Facebook group but the one person that tried it, said Trailer Valet would not mount on T@Bs.  Anyone successfully install and use something like this?  Thanks. TJ

Comments

• NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Nope but if you're in campgrounds with paved pads, it's very easy to move @ T@b with the standard jack wheel. I've even done it on good packed dirt pads. Sandy pads are a different story.
  • tenkarajunkietenkarajunkie Member Posts: 18
    It's for my home situation.  Garage up on grade and really tight.  :-)
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    If you look on Amazon, it doesn't get great reviews.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    Carol Kelly has a motorized one.  She has a video posted.  I thought it was on the FB site, but maybe it's only on her blog.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

TABaker, yup I saw hers.  She was kind enough to tell me about it. That style is a bit too steep for me at $900 or so.  Hoping one of the hand crank style for $300 or less has been proven to work on T@Bs.  So far I have only heard of one person trying the Trailer Valet and it did not work.  I see other hand crank brands and hoping one may work.  Otherwise I will just deal with what we have.  ;-)
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    edited March 2015
    Have you considered a trailer dolly?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• kybobkybob Member Posts: 232
    The mechanical dolly from powermovers.com looks interesting. It cost a little more than the Trailer Valet, but you wouldn't be adding 45 lbs. to the tongue weight. And, you don't have to bend over!
    2018 Outback S, Silver/Black - 2015 Silver Honda Pilot 4WD - Florence, KY

• kybobkybob Member Posts: 232
    I meant powerdolly.com
    2018 Outback S, Silver/Black - 2015 Silver Honda Pilot 4WD - Florence, KY

jkjenn, I see those dollies but they all seem to be rated for 600 pounds.  Not so sure they will help much on a 1600 pound TAB.  I have a incline and weather speed bump to get over.  If all I had to do was move it a few times a year, no biggie, but it takes up my main stall in the shop and will need to be moved all the time weekly.  That will get old so looking for a effective solution that does not break the bank.  But thanks for the suggestion.  I did see those too.  ;-)

• MercatorMercator Member Posts: 237
    jkjenn, I see those dollies but they all seem to be rated for 600 pounds.  Not so sure they will help much on a 1600 pound TAB.  I have a incline and weather speed bump to get over.  If all I had to do was move it a few times a year, no biggie, but it takes up my main stall in the shop and will need to be moved all the time weekly.  That will get old so looking for a effective solution that does not break the bank.  But thanks for the suggestion.  I did see those too.  ;-)

I think the 600 lb rating is for tongue weight, not trailer weight.
    Ray and Vida Barrick
    (formerly a 2013 T@B Q M@X); 2015 Jeep Sahara JKU (Max Tow)
    Toronto ON Canada