Options

RVIA and Intertek seals.

I am looking to purchase a BRAND NEW 2018 CS-S,   as i was at the dealer  i noticed that some of the T@Bs were missing the the RVIA certification sticker.   it did have the intertek seals.     anyone one have any knowledge of this?    should i be worry?  someone at the factory forgot the put on the sticker?  forgot one and not the other?  that seem odd... did it not pass the inspection?   anyone have any true info on this?  

Comments

• Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    Very interesting!  RVIA is the "Recreational Vehicle Industry Association."  Looking at the RVIA website it is hard--if not impossible--to figure out just what the certification actually means.  However, at one of the places on the site that the public can access they have the following statement: 
      "RV dealers and RV consumers look for the RV Industry Association seal on their   units, as a visible indication of the manufacturers’ commitment to the industry.  Moreover, most public and private campgrounds in the United States require that RVs and Park Model RVs have an affixed standard seal to obtain entry."  I wonder if anyone really checks the seals when you enter a campground.
       I have heard that some campgrounds won't allow homemade campers in their park and even refuse entry if your unit is "too old."
      I'll bet the dealer can come up with a sticker if you actually buy the camper.  In any case, whether it has a sticker or not, there will be a Nucamp charge of $132 for it!
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Have the dealer call nuCamp and they will send one.  @falcon1970, was that quoted charge from your invoice?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    I wonder if it was really brand new? nuCamp trailers usually have them and there are posts in the forum about if it is OK to remove.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    @Sharon_is_SAM
    That charge is listed on the MSRP sheet from NuCamp and I expect it was part of the dealers quote.  It does not show up separately listed amongst all the fees on the invoice.
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited October 2018
    Our 2018 also has only the Intertek sticker..

Which reminds me of a discussion I had with NüCamp about a year ago regarding our cousin's T@B, identical to ours, purchased at the same dealer but with a different size fuse in the pump circuit (ours is 10A & theirs was 7.5A).  One explanation given was that around the time our trailers were manufactured (May/June 2017), NüCamp was in the process of switching to a different certification agency, which may have resulted in a switch to the lower amperage fuse for that circuit. 

So, I wonder now, which one is the current certification agency & whether they switched from one sticker to the other last year.  Regardless, I would expect either would have the same meaning - that the trailer manufacturer demonstrates substantial compliance with current U.S. safety requirements, based on inspections by the agency.

This related sticker is also found on the tongue.

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    mrericmreric Member Posts: 154
    Thank you for all those who answered.   If anyone else has anymore info I would greatly appreciate it.  

Beside the fuses I wonder if there is any other difference.  I understand that these sticker cost nucamp money.   If they were switching do 2019 have them ?  

Or did they just run out of stickers ? 
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Just checked our 2018 400, we have both the Intertek and Riva stickers.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 542
    Our 2018 400 (manufactured March 2018) has both. 

2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Very interesting that some 2018 T@Bs have both Intertek & RVIA certification stickers.  So why do some others not have both?

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    PamandJohnUpNorth2PamandJohnUpNorth2 Member Posts: 141
    edited October 2018
    When I ordered my trailer (April 2018) I saw an order/price list at the dealer's office which included all the trailer options on a list. It showed the certification as a separately priced item at a price of $145. So it seems that the certification sticker could be ordered, or not, with each trailer?
    Pam and John
    Champlin, Minnesota
    2018 T@B400 and a 2018 Ridgeline 

• Options
    mrericmreric Member Posts: 154
    I am waiting for a more proper response from nucamp about this.   I got response from nucamp telling me " I don't know why it would not have the sticker, all of them. Should have it". 

But the matter of the facts is that some of them have it and some don't ....  And someone is pocketing the money for those sticker.   (Although I hear the sticker means nothing as long as the trailer is well built, .some RV have sticker and quality of built are very questionable). With nucamp I have see good builds so far. 

Either way...  Why some trailers did not get the rvia stickers ?