Options

320 Hidden Location for a 2000W Inverter

The Harbor Freight Jubiter 2000W inverter (only $129 on sale) fits nicely under the frig.  I used an angled 3 prong plug to supply power to the microwave and satellite television outlet located on the driver side seat pedestal.

Completely hidden with the door closed.

Plenty of room in the rear for the main supply wires.

Must turn the unit sideways to clear the opening:

I mounted four wood supports on the base with high density foam on the bottom
for added hock absorption.
2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.

Comments

• Options
    DigitalSorceressDigitalSorceress Member Posts: 213
    I know this is an older post, but I just wanted to say thanks - I really appreciate seeing folks ideas for where to locate/hide things.. I'm looking into adding solar to my 320 (I think I may go with a briefcase so I can park in shade, put solar in sun and angle it best) and I want to add an inverter.. and just seeing where/how folks run stuff is great for generating ideas.

~Tananda

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Edge  named "Binky" | TV: 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 with full tow package and a Leer Cap for lots of storage

I'm New to nuCamp and TearDrops but have owned a Class A in the past

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I have the 200W Zamp portable suitcase and an additional 190W of solar on the roof of the 400.  I think I’ve only been shut out once solar wise while camping up at Monacle Lake in Michigan’s UP.   But that won’t happen again up there as I picked up a Predator 3500W “quiet” generator out in AZ this past winter.  Came in handy here at the farmhouse two weeks ago when the power went out in a storm.   
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    davel4wadavel4wa Member Posts: 91
    You might be concerned with ventilation in this location. It appears there is a vent in the cabinet bottom in one of the pictures. If this vent is there to supply airflow for the refrigerator above, at worst it will block airflow, at best it will add heat to the air the refrigerator is using for its cooling and increase the refrigerator power consumption. 
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,498
    @Tabaz, how is your inverter placement working?  Is the additional frig cooling fan enough to off set the heat from the inverter?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357

Davel4wa: I too was concerned about blocking the air inlet on the floor of that cabinet.  You can't tell by the photos, but the inverter only covers a small corner of the round air inlet located on the floor of that cabinet.  To be extra safe, I raised the inverter on four posts to allow air flow around the inverter into the frig area.  There is also plenty of space on top of the inverter.  I haven't noticed any excessive run times of the fridge since installing the inverter.  However, I previously added two computer fans to the exterior vent for increased cooling.  The inverter is only on while using the microwave or traveling with the fridge on shore power (the fridge gets plugged into the inverter).  I have a small 300W inverter I use while watching television.  VERY happy with this mod so far.

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.