Oops, this was not forecasted

VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
I’m still in Indiana waiting for a couple of appointments on Tuesday before I can leave for the winter. I knew it was forecasted to go down to 19*, and it did (oh, how I love my Alde!). BUT...snow was not forecasted.  

The state park campground is full, and I’ll bet the other campers  hadn’t planned on the snow either. I really feel for the tent campers, hoping they have really warm sleeping bags and maybe a space heater. 

Looking out my front window, with the sun shining on some golden leaves still on the trees

Looking out the rear window with one leaf stuck to the window in the snow. 

The neighboring campsite. At least the snow hasn’t stuck to the pavement.
Verna, Columbus, IN
2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”

Comments

• ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Verna, Hey Magic Wand lady....stay warm & travel safe! We had the same stuff falling here yesterday as well.  :o;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Yuk!!! It's windy and a freeze warning is in effect tonight! I winterized. We've not even had a frost. Geesh. 

Take care of yourself V (like I have any doubt about your uber skillz!)!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited November 2018
      :o Fulltimers - I don't know how you all do it!
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @BrianZ, Most of them are of the "well-seasoned" variety in more ways than one. Resilient is a word that comes to mind when speaking of these folks! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    PS: Great photos - thanks for sharing!
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    We had flurries, today, but not enough to satisfy me and Rocky. I am hoping to do some December camping this year.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @ChanW - PASS for me!! Not interested. There's a group ride tomorrow leaving at 8:30am for a Veteran's ride to breakfast. It's supposed to be 28F. That's too cold for me. I have a 42F cut-off for riding.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited November 2018
    Hmmm. A ride? @Ratkity, I don't disagree! Dunno where all this white stuff suddenly came from. Somehow I wasn't ready yet.

Finally got the Tab put to bed today, hung the bike from the rafters in the barn, and got the box blade on the tractor. (I suspect my 'bike' is a different animal from your 'ride')...

That was enough arguing with the snow for the day. Started the fire in the hot tub for a Sunday morning soak with the DW and excellent coffee.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @ChanW, ooooh, that hurts. If it happens here, and they DO close the interstate, we may never get out of here! Sheepie, you better hide!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @ChanW, that is one ugly photo ;). I’m leaving Wednesday and heading South, then Southwest.....I think that’s where I’ll go. I may change my mind.... ;)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
     =) 
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
    @ChanW my dream is to get caught in an honest to goodness blizzard in my T@b....the Foye where I have to go out and clear the snow from the Alde exhaust vent. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    @jkjenn, you must be part Siberian Husky!  I like snow too - much better than gloom and rain.  It’s pretty, a change in landscape, and you have a good excuse to sit on your behind in front of the fireplace!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    @jkjenn, you must be part Siberian Husky!  I like snow too - much better than gloom and rain.  It’s pretty, a change in landscape, and you have a good excuse to sit on your behind in front of the fireplace!
    Close..... 1/4 Finnish 😁

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I can almost hear that chuckle now as you are feeling all that concern about them tent campers in your toasty warm 400!   msn laughing emoticon
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ