Options

2009 DM Tab

We are proud owners (newbies) of a 2009 Dutchman Tab.  We are uncertain whether we need to winterize it or not.  While it does have a small, removable fresh water container (which we removed and then drained the line), we believe it doesn't have any holding tanks (the sink drain appears to drain directly out the bottom??) There isn't any other plumbing inside the Tab.  It does get below freezing in Western North Carolina so we want to take any precautions necessary to winterize our tab.  We have lots to learn and look forward to using it next year!  Thanks in advance for any information that might be shared!!

Comments

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    edited November 2018
    Welcome, Scenic. As you have already deduced, no plumbing = no water = nothing to freeze! As long as you have completely drained the faucet and supply line(s) to the sink (sounds like you have) and there's no trap under the sink holding water (sounds like there isn't) you should be in good shape as far as plumbing goes. There's something to be said for simplicity of those older models!
    You might want to remove the battery to a protected area and ensure it stays charged over the winter.
    There are a handful of Dutchman owners active on the forum, so hopefully one of them will chime in if there's something I've missed.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 930
    edited November 2018
    The pick up line from the removable tank goes to the pump and then the faucet.  You may also have a "city water" hook up on the exterior that also connects to the faucet line.  These all (especially the pump) need to be drained or filled with anti-freeze.
    I find  it easiest to put the pick up tube from the removable tank into a bottle of RV antifreeze and run the pump until pink comes out the faucet.  This will take very little anti-freeze to accomplish.
    There may also be a small plastic pipe plug under the T@B near the drain outlet that will empty the line from the city water connection when removed.  This line won't get the anti-freeze flush and should be cleared of water.  Some folks connect compressed air to the city water inlet and blow out that line but that won't clear the pump.
    Congrats on your new to you T@B.
    Have fun!
    Bob

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Scenic, welcome to the forum. Happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Agree with Bob. You need to at least run a little bit of antifreeze through the water pump.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    edited November 2018
    Good catch with the pump, and good advice.
    I even run a a little antifreeze through the pump on my 2015 just for some added insurance.
    2015 T@B S