Options

3900 miles later

WyoLizWyoLiz Member Posts: 1
Hi T@Bers,
I've just returned from my epic adventure with the 2013 T@B MAX-U, I christened the Silver Pearl, named after my faithful pup who followed me everywhere. The Pearl was a wonderful little home that could follow at 75 mph or over rough roads (slowly). The LG company sent me an Owners Manual which did not come with the camper in a timely manner. Yes, you do have to be a bit handy, but its easy. 
Some issues:
1. The plastic housing cover for the gas bottle/battery cracking and flying off--is that under warranty?
2. The Carbon Monoxide alarm was wired in and went off one night. Gas was off at the bottle. No instructions on how to disengage it so it was ripped out.
3. The biggest issue was the refrigerator which I could not get to work either of the 3 ways--that was stressful. After taking to certified Norcold mechanic in Texas, he discovered the unit had burned up because it was installed improperly (there were others that had not vented properly). Norcold shipped out a new one and the mechanic had to creatively vent it -- all under warranty! Now all is good. 
The Pearl was comfortable, handy and safe in the storms. The only other issue (a good one if you're friendly) is that the T@B's are friend-makers; everywhere at campgrounds to gas stations, everyone wants to be your friend, have a tour, ask how much, where to buy, so the Little Guy company should put out a training manual for us owners!
Looking forward to taking the Pearl to Yellowstone this summer!
WyoLiz

Comments