New to T@B, but lifetime campers.

BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
edited December 2018 in Introductions
My wife and I picked up our 2019 T@B 320 S (Boondock Lite) from Tom's Camperland in Mesa, AZ on 12/20/2018.  We downsized from a 30 foot 5th wheel, but the 320 S fits our needs perfectly, since we spend the majority of our camping time outdoors.  On the way back to Tucson, we stopped to take a few photos of our new travelling companion in the beautiful Sonoran Desert.  We tow it with our 2007 Toyota Tundra, so we hardly even notice it is behind us.  We have received many positive comments on our T@B and we can't wait to put it to good use.  We hope to take it on its maiden voyage to Joshua Tree National Park (unless the government shutdown spoils our plans.)  We have named our camper Bayliss, because whenever our daughters were on their way to our former home in Northern California, they always texted us to let us know that they were about an hour away, at "Bayliss Road" along Interstate 5.  Funny thing is, there is no "Bayliss" Road on I-5.  It is actually Road 39, which takes you to Bayliss.  We all still contact each other whenever we pass that particular offramp, regardless of where we are headed.  ;)  I am new to this forum and am looking forward to learning new hacks for our camper, plus I would love to learn more about the stories behind why others have given their T@B a particular name.

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
(Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,484
    Welcome to the forum @Bayliss.  Stick around.  The forum has lots of info to offer!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    @Bayliss
    love your part of the country this time of the year. We are headed for Tabazona from the Pacific NW right after the first of the year. You should drive up and visit us. The campground is booked but you could stay in the area and visit during the day. Lots of great people to meet, and tons of information to be had.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • DesertDwellerDesertDweller Member Posts: 129
    @Bayliss
    Hello from a fellow Arizonan.  I just bought my 2019 T@B 320 Boondock Lite from Tom's as well.  I just took it for it's maiden voyage to Alamo Lake State Park over the past weekend.  Welcome to the forum.  
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite a/k/a "The D@wghouse"
    2012 Jeep Liberty KK a/k/a "Libby"
  • Jaxie985Jaxie985 Member Posts: 49
    Looks good! I just left Joshua Tree and then the Tuscon area a week ago—my 2018 T@B 320S Boondock Lite is tucked up in New Mexico at the moment, rest stop for the year-end.
    2018 T@B 320 Boondock 
    2018 Nissan Frontier
    Kennebunk, ME USA
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    edited December 2018
    @Bayliss, welcome. Great intro. Our "Dragonsfly" got its name in a weird kind of way. The oldest of our boys (then 10 & 11) had a friend over for a "campout" weekend. Immediately after, the friend went to school and and told classmates my son camped in an egg. I said we'd make it a fearsome egg, so 10 & 11 year old boys would be impressed. Thus our "egg" is birthing a mythical, truly awe inspiring, flying, fire breathing dragon. Boys are now 12 &13. Since the addition of some graphics, they have had many requests for "campout" weekends. Meet "DragonsFly".

2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    Great story @dragonsdofly ...........thanks for sharing!  Those talons look like they might hurt.   :open_mouth:  We are considering putting something on the back of our T@B to fill the empty space.  Might as well put it to good use, like you did.  Thank you to others as well for your kind comments and welcome.  I have been perusing the forum and am VERY impressed with this group.
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    @Bayliss, there is a wealth of information to be found within the forum and by using the search function you will be amazed at the content therein.

Welcome aboard and happy trails!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    Thank you @Michigan_Mike.  I have already learned a great deal just reading this "Introductions" thread.  I am exploring others, just soaking in "how to" info and different mods.  You and others have put together a very well constructed and organized forum.  I don't know why we did not purchase a T@B sooner, but it is a perfect "retirement" camper for exploring more of the USA.

• N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    edited December 2018
    @Bayliss because nobody in NA thinks smaller, bigger is always better! Almost everything is marketed at bigger and better for same or less price, haha. Some of the campers now have multiple slides, multiple baths, and a deck or two, so you can take everything you enjoy at home camping!!
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • ColleenD2ColleenD2 Member Posts: 411
    Welcome! Can’t wait to hear more about your adventures.
    2019 Custom T@B 320 U Boondock Lite-ish
    We slept in 34 states, 2 countries & counting.