Options

Insurance

ecyfotoecyfoto Member Posts: 83
edited April 2022 in Trailer & Towing
I just ordered a 2019 400. Got all the options except the larger fridge. Called my agent (State Farm) and was quoted $560 for the year. I think that might be excessive. Feed me your rates/companies if you wouldn't mind. Thanks!
2019 T@B 400 Silver/Black
2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax oil burner
Tampa, Florida

Comments

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    @ $270 Progressive...

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    My 2017 CSS is insured with Progressive for $322/year.  5 year full replacement coverage.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    edited November 2019
    We paid $217 in 2018 for second year with USAA/Progressive.
    Our Progressive policy works in tandem with our USAA auto policy which covers some things (marked "no coverage") for both car & trailer.  Some USAA discounts also apply.  They also consider driver history, expected annual days of usage, home ownership, credit history etc.  Deductible starts high but gone after 3 years I think. Our deductible is 1000, but decreases by 25% per year & zero after 4th year with no claims, but would start over after a claim.  Also 5 year coverage for replacement with a new model of same type.
    In the detailed policy description, I noticed about 1/3 of the 30+ pages contained provisions regarding a "full timers package endorsement", which does not apply to us but I expect would add significantly to the cost.

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    I pay State Farm ~$100 annually for $1000 deductible "physical damage" policy. I'm not sure if I'll even keep that policy long term.
    I see insurance as protection against catastrophic financial loss. While losing my T@B would certainly be a catastrophic emotional loss, I'm willing to take the risk and put my money into activities and accessories offering greater entertainment value. YMMV! 
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @ecyfoto, for your T@B 400, that is a bit more than I pay State Farm for my 400. But, we’d have to compare apples to apples—state where you live, your discounts, your other policies with the insurance company, etc. So, you are probably in the ballpark. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 585
    I also have Progressive and converted all my insurance to them last year (auto, home, trailer, liability umbrella). Plus I have Good Sam for towing both TV & T@B. I pay $241 for the 2018 T@B valued at $20k. I have $500 deductible for comp/coll. No towing. Included in my policy is $300k Vacation Liability Coverage which covers liability while I'm camping. Contents are covered under homeowners policy. Insurance rates are dependent on value of trailer, in addition to other policies with the same company, driving history, and credit scores.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    PamandJohnUpNorth2PamandJohnUpNorth2 Member Posts: 141
    edited January 2019
    @ecyfoto We shopped around then we bought insurance. Then we actually read the policies and after ordering. Unfortunately with the first two attempts, each with well known companies review of the policy raised coverage/exception/limit questions that the insurer could not resolve adequately when we talked with them. We promptly cancelled and got full refund. On the third try, we think we found great coverage with Farmers Insurance a.k.a.Foremost insurance. We ended up with 5 year full replacement of in $28000 value, and $500 deductible for other coverage, on a 2018 T@B400 for $325/year. (Currently we park our trailer for several months (November to March) and call them when it goes in/out of use for those months; they credit the cost the liability and other coverages while not on the highways - savings of $69/year. So the total premium for us comes to a net of $266 a year.) Congratulations on the purchase of the T@B400 - you will love it! 

Pam and John
    Champlin, Minnesota
    2018 T@B400 and a 2018 Ridgeline 

• Options
    GumboAndBoo2GumboAndBoo2 Member Posts: 17
    2018 320S, purchase price (used) $14,000 >> $139.75 annually (comprehensive $100 deductible, collision $250) with Auto-Owners, package with my auto ins -
    Jack + Grace + Gumbo (the dog) + Bubo (the other dog) + Alice the T@binator (2018 320 S)
  • Options
    ecyfotoecyfoto Member Posts: 83
    @ecyfoto We shopped around then we bought insurance. Then we actually read the policies and after ordering. Unfortunately with the first two attempts, each with well known companies review of the policy raised coverage/exception/limit questions that the insurer could not resolve adequately when we talked with them. We promptly cancelled and got full refund. On the third try, we think we found great coverage with Farmers Insurance a.k.a.Foremost insurance. We ended up with 5 year full replacement of in $28000 value, and $500 deductible for other coverage, on a 2018 T@B400 for $325/year. (Currently we park our trailer for several months (November to March) and call them when it goes in/out of use for those months; they credit the cost the liability and other coverages while not on the highways - savings of $69/year. So the total premium for us comes to a net of $266 a year.) Congratulations on the purchase of the T@B400 - you will love it! 

Thanks for that. Vey helpful! 
    2019 T@B 400 Silver/Black
    2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax oil burner
    Tampa, Florida
  • Options
    BigGroverBigGrover Member Posts: 450
    $169 year with ALFA in  Alabama for my 2019 400 Boondock Lite.  We also have homeowner's,a car and a truck insured with them.
    BigGrover
    2019 T@b 400 Boondock Lite
    2018 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi
    Central Alabama
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    There are a lot of factors including how many nights you will use the camper, where you’ll store it, and the state you live in. Lots of people have Progressive so you might check with them, but make sure you’re comparing equivalent policies.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    BigGrover said:
    $169 year with ALFA in  Alabama for my 2019 400 Boondock Lite.  We also have homeowner's,a car and a truck insured with them.
    I pay about that amount for my 2007 T@B with ALFA, same thing, house, cars also. ALFA requires the tow vehicle to be insured with them to provide the trailer coverage.

Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL