Options

2018 320 CS-S

BlueespyBlueespy Member Posts: 151
Just joined the forum.  Picked up our 320 CS-S in late Sept 2018 from the factory in Ohio and have enjoyed several trips since.  We're doing shake down trips in preparation for our long trip to Alaska.  One thing we're struggling with is doing a more efficient job of setting up.  We have a Walker Tent and right now it and it's accessories are strapped to the cargo bend (that houses the battery and propane) and all of our linen etc. are in bags in the middle of the trailer.  So, we park, put the tent up, pull the bags out, make the bed, bring the bags back in etc.  All is fine and good except when we park and it's raining.  I've thought about using compression sacks for the linen and storing them in the bathroom but would enjoy hearing any tips on the forum for making setup and break down more efficient.
2019 T@B 400 BDL
2020 Ford F-150 XLT (V-8)
Niceville, Florida

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    Hi @Blueespy, please consider updating your signature so members know what model you refer to going forward.  

One suggestion that we have found useful is to make up the bed before leaving home.  You can stash some things under the bed that are easily retrievable.  That does eliminate the possibility of sitting on the benches when you don’t set up your tent.  You can divide your bench and back cushions so you can make up a single bed in the rear of the cabin.  That way, you have room to sit with the Lagun or a portable table - you would then just need to make up the second part of the bed.  This may be a good idea for those single day stops when you don’t set up the tent.  We typically only set up our tent when we are somewhere for at least 3 nights.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    VikingsVikings Member Posts: 147
    Sheets and blankets did not work for us...too cold on an early trip, and sort of messy...during night and day. 
    We switched to old style sleeping bags that we leave zipped together and during day they are rolled up against the back wall of seating/sleeping area.  And they work well as backrests when reading in the evening. 
    Your idea of using stuff sacks and storing linens in bath would work too. 
    We did not have a separate tent. 
    Enjoy Alaska trip.  Several related posts in travel section including ours, North to Alaska, from June 2017.    
    Kim & Mary Kay,  2016 CS-S,  Spokane, WA

Map of Provinces I Visited

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Blueespy, welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your trailer.  Happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Welcome Blueespy!  After a number of trips, you will find the best way for you.  We've done many sleeping/bed configs over the time we've had our camper.  
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    dinzzydinzzy Member Posts: 180
    Congrats on the T@B!
    Like what has been said you will finally find what works best for you.  The length of the trip will also dictate how you configure things and what you take and leave behind.

We have chosen to leave the bed up full time.  We set up chairs/table outside.  I bring a propane heater when cold and a Coleman Awning when the weather will be hot or cold.  We also have the XL Visor which provides protection and shade.  We live in So Cal and that is what we do.  Everyone finds what best for them.  Enjoy Alaska.  I do want to go back in the T@B...when I retire!
    Tow with a 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2016 T@B CS-S Max

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    We too have chosen to leave the bed up full time. After 12 years, I've learned simpler is better. I've got all my storage organized, so that if I arrive at a campground with nasty weather, I just have to plug in, go inside and stay dry. I have a PahaQue XL Visor, and several PopUp shelters. For an overnighter, nothing goes up, for a couple of nights just the visor, for 3 or more nights, the visor and a 10x10 pop up over the galley, and for a week or more, I have 20x20 worth of pop up tents and screens and the T@B goes inside of it. Having said that though, even with all that stuff, the extras go in the truck, and the inside of the T@B stays completely ready to go to bed at all times.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL