Options

Newbies with a TAB 320S

napjerknapjerk Member Posts: 7
My wife and I just got our 2018 T@B 320 S and are excited to finally get off the ground and sleep in a bed! We're tent campers who like to boondock and are looking forward to our new camper adventures.  Nice forum here, lots of info to get up to speed on.  Glad to be here.

Comments

• Options
    Jaxie985Jaxie985 Member Posts: 49
    You will love it!!
    2018 T@B 320 Boondock 
    2018 Nissan Frontier
    Kennebunk, ME USA
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,496
    Welcome to the TaB family!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    And we’re glad you’re here @napjerk!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @napjerk, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your trailer! Wonderful people and great information to be had. We'll be the ones waving if we pass you on the road sometime. Happy t@bbing! 
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Thanks all for the warm welcome :)  Studying all the user manuals etc and hope to take her out for a first trip this weekend. South TX weather is pretty nice still. 

Mike

• Options
    klengerklenger Member Posts: 307
    :)  I've been RVing for 20 years, mostly in the 27-24' range.  I find it very interesting and encouraging that the existing and prospective T@B owners here get just as, or more, excited about their RVs than the crowd buying $100.000 to $300,000 RVs weighing 10,000 to 40,000 lbs. 
    T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
    Considering a 2023 TaB 400 with the full Lithium option, 
    2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude, Tow Package.  
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,496
    @klenger, smaller, more simple, more time to enjoy our travels!  Plus, you must admit, our TaBs are very cute!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Also, since it is still in the niche phase, it still feels like more of an exclusive club.  Sorta like a Vette club.  I remember buying a Chevette back in the day (77) and getting recognition from a fellow owner on the street.  (First new car and it served us well.. $3400)  Also like the early days of the Apple II...

@napjerk, I am wondering if I could ask you if there is a significance to your "handle"?
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Oh yes... Welcome to the forum...  Please post pictures...  We all love sharing those...
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• Options
    edited February 2019
    We went out last week and enjoyed our first weekend with the new T@B. We spent a couple nights in the Hill Country State Natural Area near Bandera, TX.  Had a great time. We were boondocking with no connections, and had a great time. The stock battery (Group 24 12v) left a lot to be desired, but our Yamaha inverter generator came to the rescue and got us charged back up. I've already ordered a 100w solar suitcase charger to keep the battery charged and am looking at upgrading to dual 6V batteries in the future.

Thanks for all the good info we've got from this forum and are looking forward to many more camping adventures in the future!

Mike and Cathy

Edited for photo size.  Sharon

• Options
    ajheilajheil Member Posts: 5
    Looks just like ours!  We just bought it and haven't used it yet.  I feel like we don't know what we are doing.  Any simple cheat cheers for getting going?  Towing, set up etc?
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    To quote Nike, just do it.  :-)
    Fortunately there are only a few really important things you don't want to mess up, and they all involve getting to the campsite. When hitching, double-triple-quadruple check your connections. When moving forward, remember your vehicle is twice as long and half as fast. When moving backward, get out and look as often as needed. Before unhitching, chock your wheels securely.
    Once you are planted, most everything else is gravy. Inevitable mistakes may reduce your comfort level temporarily, but you'll survive.  ;-)
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @ajheil driveway camp the first time or two. Try every outlet, every system. Ask lots of questions. What absolutely confused me the first year is now second nature! Have fun with it!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    @TerryV6 Have you ever taken a nap then jerk as you are awaken suddenly? That is where it comes from. This his wife, Cathy, we met online and I thought it meant enough was a jerk about taking naps! 😆 
  • Options
    aahnhaahnh Member Posts: 11
    @homebodyatheart - I have a 2014 Toyota Highlander with an aftermarket tow hitch.  Just wondering if you have any advice/info on towing a T@B 320S with this vehicle?  Did you install a weight distribution hitch and/or sway control bar? 
    NH - 2018 T@B 320S-Silver/Black Trim - TV 2014 Toyota Highlander-Blue/Gray 
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    @aahnh neither. Just a 2” drop hitch. I’ve never had any problems towing with the Highlander. Ladybug is my first trailer so I was new to towing when I started in April 2017. I take it easy, pull over at most rest stops on long trips to stretch my legs and congratulate myself on doing a great job towing. As far as adding weight distribution hitches, etc., I think NuCamp discourages their use with Tabs. Some people with 320 Outback’s have used them. Since I don’t use them I really don’t know. Have fun with your Tab! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    aahnhaahnh Member Posts: 11
    @Homebodyatheart - Thanks very much for the info! I'm searching out & appreciate of any tips specific to this vehicle with the 320S I can get!
    NH - 2018 T@B 320S-Silver/Black Trim - TV 2014 Toyota Highlander-Blue/Gray