Options

ANOTHER INSIDE STORAGE IDEA

To add some extra storage inside our 2019 T@B 320S, we installed magnetic storage containers, which we purchased from The Container Store:

https://www.containerstore.com/s/perch-magnetic-modular-system-components/d?productId=11009070&q=perch%20modular%20system

There are various configurations available and the containers are very sturdy.  Each container has a very strong magnet that holds it strongly against a metal backing plate.  We purchased white containers, but painted them a light brown shade using Rustoleum spray paint that adheres to plastic.  The color coordinates well with the interior décor of the camper and the containers fit nicely on the interior of the front cabinet doors.

The metal backing plates slip into slots on a plastic mounting bracket that is held in place on the mounting surface with 3M Command Adhesive Strips (included).  The inside frame of the lower cabinet door is smaller than the top door.  Fortunately, the plastic bracket just happened to be an exact fit for the lower door.  Normally, you attach the plastic bracket first (and the Command Strips can be pulled off later, if desired), however, for the lower door, we found that we had to attach the plastic bracket and metal backing plate at the same time (as one piece), essentially making it a permanent installation for that particular location.  This is because the metal backing plate tabs can’t be inserted into the corresponding slots on the plastic bracket if the bracket is attached first to that lower door (due to the inside cabinet frame blocking the slots).  A permanent install was not a problem for us, because we have no plans to remove it in the future.

Below is a close-up of the top cabinet door.  We aligned/located the metal plate with the center and bottom area of the cabinet door framing so that the kitchen utensils clear the cabinet opening when the door is closed.

We added a similar storage container to the wall below the television.  We will use it to store lightweight reading material such as magazines, crossword puzzles, maps, etc.

I believe that the 3M adhesive strips, which are quite strong, would adequately secure the plastic bracket and metal backing plate. However, I did have some concern as to whether the adhesive strips would properly adhere to the wall texture.  Therefore, I opted to attach this particular storage container with plastic wall inserts and screws (also included).  I considered trying to reach down behind the hollow wall so that I could use small bolts with nuts and lock washers for a stronger attachment.  This would only require removing the television and wall insert behind it to access that area.  Based on photos posted by others, I am aware that there is some access in that area, but without actually pulling the television, I do not know if there is sufficient clearance to reach down behind the wall to tighten a nut to a bolt.  I guess I will cross that bridge should it become necessary.  So far, so good.  (Greg)

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
(Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

Comments

• Options
    GumboAndBoo2GumboAndBoo2 Member Posts: 17
    Nicely done!  Thanks for posting this.
    Jack + Grace + Gumbo (the dog) + Bubo (the other dog) + Alice the T@binator (2018 320 S)
  • Options
    klengerklenger Member Posts: 307
    The one below the TV would make a nice trash can.  Maybe mounted in the shower (remove before use :) )

T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
    Considering a 2023 TaB 400 with the full Lithium option, 
    2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude, Tow Package.  
  • Options
    NCNativeNCNative Member Posts: 95
    Very nice! Thank you for the great ideas
    N@VENOTSE
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite   
    SF Bay Area
  • Options
    OlenaOlena Member Posts: 103
    Those look great! The Container Store ships to Canada now, so I guess I will be spending more money on the T@B.
    2021 T@B 400 Boondock Solo
  • Options
    napjerknapjerk Member Posts: 7
    Loved this! My hubby  just bought an Elfa Unit for our closets and ended up with a $150 to spend on non-Elfa so I bought enough to create these PLUS a shelf for charging above the sink. Two small ones for the bath to hold toothbrush’s and toothpaste (hubby will drip drain holes).  Large one for the door for trash and two half size for the door to hold level, flashlights and whatever. Not sure yet  if we will pant them. Excited to see how the work. We also found a Command strip container for the shower we have already added. 
  • Options
    Brad42Brad42 Member Posts: 25
    Bayliss said:

To add some extra storage inside our 2019 T@B 320S, we installed magnetic storage containers, which we purchased from The Container Store:

https://www.containerstore.com/s/perch-magnetic-modular-system-components/d?productId=11009070&q=perch%20modular%20system

There are various configurations available and the containers are very sturdy.  Each container has a very strong magnet that holds it strongly against a metal backing plate.  We purchased white containers, but painted them a light brown shade using Rustoleum spray paint that adheres to plastic.  The color coordinates well with the interior décor of the camper and the containers fit nicely on the interior of the front cabinet doors.

The metal backing plates slip into slots on a plastic mounting bracket that is held in place on the mounting surface with 3M Command Adhesive Strips (included).  The inside frame of the lower cabinet door is smaller than the top door.  Fortunately, the plastic bracket just happened to be an exact fit for the lower door.  Normally, you attach the plastic bracket first (and the Command Strips can be pulled off later, if desired), however, for the lower door, we found that we had to attach the plastic bracket and metal backing plate at the same time (as one piece), essentially making it a permanent installation for that particular location.  This is because the metal backing plate tabs can’t be inserted into the corresponding slots on the plastic bracket if the bracket is attached first to that lower door (due to the inside cabinet frame blocking the slots).  A permanent install was not a problem for us, because we have no plans to remove it in the future.

Below is a close-up of the top cabinet door.  We aligned/located the metal plate with the center and bottom area of the cabinet door framing so that the kitchen utensils clear the cabinet opening when the door is closed.

We added a similar storage container to the wall below the television.  We will use it to store lightweight reading material such as magazines, crossword puzzles, maps, etc.

I believe that the 3M adhesive strips, which are quite strong, would adequately secure the plastic bracket and metal backing plate. However, I did have some concern as to whether the adhesive strips would properly adhere to the wall texture.  Therefore, I opted to attach this particular storage container with plastic wall inserts and screws (also included).  I considered trying to reach down behind the hollow wall so that I could use small bolts with nuts and lock washers for a stronger attachment.  This would only require removing the television and wall insert behind it to access that area.  Based on photos posted by others, I am aware that there is some access in that area, but without actually pulling the television, I do not know if there is sufficient clearance to reach down behind the wall to tighten a nut to a bolt.  I guess I will cross that bridge should it become necessary.  So far, so good.  (Greg)

Looks great! Non-related to your post- where did you find the rugs? Having trouble finding rugs at the store small enough.

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    Walmart has nice, rubber backed runners and floor mats that match and are just the right size.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    Yep, @Brad42 , we bought those rugs at Wal*Mart.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)