Options

My experience trying to buy a nüCamp aluminum platform

2»

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited September 2021
    This platform is expensive, I was quoted $500-600 for the TaB 400 platform when it came out.  I checked with a local aluminum fabricator and was quoted $600 to make something similar.  For me, it was not worth the added cost.  Just got the new TaB 400 aluminum tub, ($650) which our dealer had shipped  with their normal dealer TaB shipment.  These parts are available from nüCamp, but not going to be inexpensive.  Most dealers (unless you bought your trailer from them ) is going to add in a 1-hr shop fee to handling the order (time ordering, receiving and unpacking/delivery of the part), it still costs the dealer $ to handle special orders.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    MarcoMarco Member Posts: 18
    Thanks for the photos. I will do the same for my 320S
  • Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    I completely agree with the comment from @dsfdogs "This change in ordering procedure is ultimately costing NuCamp goodwill and sales in parts".   

I have had the same frustrations not only with trying to get parts--even something as tiny and simple as replacement grommets to not being able to find ANY DEALER IN THE DENVER COLORADO area that will do the glycol exchange as recommened by the manufacturer for anything under $700-$1000.   

Unconscionable, and sadly I can't say I would recommend a Tab to others.  If you can get service from a dealer you did NOT purchase from for a reasonable cost and gets parts more easily than all this wasted time and rigamaroll, then you are lucky.  Or if you are handy enough to be able to do almost everything yourself.

Yes, I have even been in contact with 3 different people at Nucamp over my issues as well.  No satisfactory resolution, nor do they seem to really care that there are those of us left with nowhere to turn for critical service.
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!