Options

New owner of 2015 Tab

i just bought a 2015 Tab with the U shaped benches. Unfortunately the camper does not have a table. Can anyone help with some table options what is the height of the original table when collapsed for the bed. I found a frame at RV surplus but the height is 13 inches which seems it would be too high for the bed?  Any help is appreciated. 

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    edited February 2019
    Most folks don’t care for the collapsible TaB table with few exceptions.  The new Lagun tables are enjoyed by many.  Are there bed rails on the sides of the benches?  If so, you can add bed slats and purchase a Lagun table and mount from nuCamp.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Or, you can order the bed slats (and rails if needed) for the bed from your dealer and use an inexpensive table like we've got from a big Box store for easy use inside and outside. https://tinyurl.com/y28vpyge
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    VegasguzziVegasguzzi Member Posts: 6
    No slats or rails. I’ll call the dealer to inquire about the rail and slat system. The original table does look unruly. Any idea of the price for the rail and slats?  I asked about the Laguna table upgrade and was told over $700!  Seems pretty darn pricey for the Laguna table. 
  • Options
    Slats&trails, maybe $45? Honestly I don't remember but not horrible. You'd need to measure between the driver and passenger sides at the back bench, midway and at the front end of the benches because there are minor differences. They came sanded, stained and connected close to both ends with webbing in addition to 4 small wood stops to keep the slats in place. Whatever the cost, a fraction of $700! Although the Laguna table and mount is cool.

• Options
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Try lagunusa.com for their price on the Lagun table.  Maybe the difference in spelling will give you a lower price.   It is “Lagun”, not “Laguna”

You can get a tabletop at a much lower price. I made a post last week about how I used a Home Depot workbench top as the tabletop for my Lagun table in my T@B 400. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Darn auto correct!

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,419
    edited February 2019
    @Vegasguzzi, congratulations on your 2015. I personally believe those are the best vintage. Most of the important improvements had become standard by then, but much the distracting gee-gaw of later models had yet to appear.  ;-)
    Back before rails and slats became standard, many owners made their own. If you're at all handy it's not a difficult job and your efforts may well be of higher quality than what the factory supplies. Here's mine, but there are quite a few older threads here describing many different variations.
    As you can see, a few slats can also double as a nice side table. We rarely sit inside, so the old bulky "elevator" table has been relegated to storage where it has never been missed!

2015 T@B S

• Options
    I should add...
    One bit of very important bit of gee-gaw that appeared after 2015 was a battery cut-off. Killing your first battery was a right of passage back then, and DIY installation of cut-offs was topic #1 here on the forum.
    If yours doesn't have one, you should look into getting one. You can see mine next to the outlet in the lower photo in the previous post. They can also be installed in the tub adjacent to the battery, which is what most people did, and where the factory currently installs them.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Verna said:
    Try lagunusa.com for their price on the Lagun table.  Maybe the difference in spelling will give you a lower price.   It is “Lagun”, not “Laguna”

You can get a tabletop at a much lower price. I made a post last week about how I used a Home Depot workbench top as the tabletop for my Lagun table in my T@B 400. 
    No kidding, contact LagunUSA.com! I wanted a non standard Lagun support leg with the handle on the left side and they fixed me right up. Super friendly and helpful. I could have gotten all the metal parts from them for a complete system but I didn’t need it. They don’t sell the table tops but as Verna said those are very easy to make.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
     Very good tips. I am pretty handy so I am stealing your idea on bed slats. I found a folding table on REI that looks like it will work both inside and outside. 
  • Options
    Not my idea, I just stole it from someone else here on the forum.  :-)
    We also have several small folding tables. They mostly stay outdoors but can be brought inside to create a dining table if absolutely necessary. You will find that with limited space, having things that can serve double duty is a real plus.
    Speaking of limited space, another advantage of the slats is that you open up quite a bit of storage under the bed. The the bulky mechanism on the old elevator table effectively rendered that space useless.
    The Lagun tables sure are slick, but personally we would use it so infrequently that it would be hard to justify the cost and additional storage requirements for the top.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,501
     Very good tips. I am pretty handy so I am stealing your idea on bed slats. I found a folding table on REI that looks like it will work both inside and outside. 
    I use this one. It's big enough to hold a laptop and I can still maneuver around it. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    Yep, that's what I've got--two of the little ones and one of the big one. They fold perfectly flat and nearly square. All three go in the space under the seat with the awning, three-point shelter, two chairs, and portable camp stove!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Thanks for the help. What is the 3 point shelter you mentioned. Is it the side tent?
  • Options
    @Vegasguzzi, mine is a outdoor store brand that is no longer available, but it appears to be the same as a Kelty sunshade (and was probably made by them originally). There's a photo in this recent thread.
    We use ours as a stand alone picnic table shelter as needed. We don't have the side tent but do have the PahaQue awning to extend the T@B's sheltered space. Both are compact, versatile, and set up very quickly and easily. Other shelters are available that provide more protection and privacy, but they also require a lot more futzing to deploy and break down. Not my cup of tea. YMMV.  :-)

2015 T@B S

• Options
    TabbieannecamperTabbieannecamper Member Posts: 32
    @vagasquizzi,  We have a 2015 320S as well that we bought new in Madison, Wis. I agree with a previous commenter that it is probably the best of the mid-year tear drops. I will be installing a battery cup off this spring. We live in Northern Illinois, so our Tabbieanne needs to wait for warmer temps. Enjoy your new-to-you home away from home, and welcome. Remember: Go small or not at all.
  • Options