Options

Electrical

2»

Comments

• Options
    klengerklenger Member Posts: 307
    @ScottG I think you are correct.  I'm guessing the vehicle manufacturer's logic is that 12.5 VDC is enough to keep most trailer batteries charged.  Not so with the heavy load of the T@B refrigerator and the higher voltage of the lithium battery.  
    T@B 320 manuals and electrical drawings
    Considering a 2023 TaB 400 with the full Lithium option, 
    2022 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude, Tow Package.  
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    I'm not convinced vehicle manufacturer's are necessarily considering trailer batteries in their design. Perhaps they should, however, particularly for vehicles (such as mine) that come equipped with factory tow packages. It's not like campers are that uncommon, and seems unlikely this would be a problem unique to T@Bs.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    @klenger you are correct that isolator is installed on the TV near the primary battery.      It does make sure the TV battery is not discharged by a low trailer battery.    

I will probably wait to implement it and just carry a jumper pack and if it happens jump the truck and then order the isolator.   

More gadgets the more there is to go wrong.
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • Options
    Awca12aAwca12a Member Posts: 286
    edited March 2019
    My two cents would be to bypass the TV and install a switch right in the TT wiring box where the 7-WAY umbilical cord mates to the trailer wiring.    A simple toggle switch would allow you to isolate the auxiliary DC pin from the trailer wiring.  This way you just leave the toggle OFF except for those situations where you want the TV to power.   Then again, I'd more likely get a relay that tied into marker lights to switch the auxiliary DC pin on and off so the circuit would only operate when the marker lights were live which 99% of the time would be when the engine was running.

Good education here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vOVSst-SoY

This PDF was created to show how & why to clean the connector but it has a good picture detailing what all the pins do.

F150 Pulling 2019 T@B400 BDL