Options

Fantastic Fan Upgrade to 7350 - dramatic improvement in efficiency

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    rhyno said:
    @TomCanada - my motor squeaked in one direction but ran silently in the opposite direction. A quick call to dometic and they sent me a free replacement motor that runs much better. 
    I need to call them on Monday. My fan is pretty quiet, but has a bit of a cricket chirp at low speeds...
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    TomCanadaTomCanada Member Posts: 286
    edited April 2021
    Good luck let us know how it goes. As for the luck of the draw on fans, might have something to do with covid supply chain disruptions as well.  My upgrade kit also didn't seem brand new - the components all looked new but the main plastic surround was somewhat scuffed up.  Not noticeable unless you're looking for it, but another case of "wonder what I'll get"..
  • Options
    anbaanba Member Posts: 14
    I just completed my upgrade installation. I have to say that without this thread and specifically the posts from @ChrisFix who explained to connect the white dome switch wire from the fan to the black wire from the fan motor I would have been utterly lost. I scratched my head for some time before I found the solution to what to do with these two loose ends and how to get the fan to work.

Now that everything is working I wanted to see if anybody has found a way to turn off the absolutely annoying beeping sound from the remote control? Or at least lower the volume?

Thanks
    2020 T@B400 BDL w/solar | 2013 Honda Pilot AWD
  • Options
    TomCanadaTomCanada Member Posts: 286
    No idea on the volume. I considered taking the he whole thing apart and ripping out whatever speaker or piezo they have on their circuit board though - that thing is louuuud.

One thing I can suggest is to cover your hand over the remote transmitter and select down to 1 notch away from the speed you want. Then take your hand away and press the final adjustment. It doesn't get rid of the beep but at least it limits it to just once!
  • Options
    rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
    anba said:
    I just completed my upgrade installation. I have to say that without this thread and specifically the posts from @ChrisFix who explained to connect the white dome switch wire from the fan to the black wire from the fan motor I would have been utterly lost. I scratched my head for some time before I found the solution to what to do with these two loose ends and how to get the fan to work.

Now that everything is working I wanted to see if anybody has found a way to turn off the absolutely annoying beeping sound from the remote control? Or at least lower the volume?

Thanks
    Electrical tape over the piezo speaker should quiet it some without any permanent changes that could wreck the circuit board. Just a thought.
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO
  • Options
    Thanks, I check it out.
    I thought that there might be a "secret" button sequence to press that could turn the sound off.
  • Options
    williedeanwilliedean Member Posts: 13
    With the help of this thread I recently installed the Fantastic_Vent/FV807357 upgrade kit. One unexpected behavior I have observed is that when the battery disconnect switch has been off, and then turned on, the fan starts up right away and I have to use the remote to turn it off. Have others had this experience? 
    2021 T&B 400.
    2021 T@B 400 BDL (June 2020) - "Sojourner"
    2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6 
    Cincinnati, OH
  • Options
    With the help of this thread I recently installed the Fantastic_Vent/FV807357 upgrade kit. One unexpected behavior I have observed is that when the battery disconnect switch has been off, and then turned on, the fan starts up right away and I have to use the remote to turn it off. Have others had this experience? 
    2021 T&B 400.
    That is how it works in our setup also. I believe it behaves this way across the board when upgrading the T@B's original fan - there are a number of others in this thread who have reported the same behavior.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
  • Options
    norwoodnorwood Member Posts: 63
    IDK why everything these days has to beep! My bigger concern is with the fan starting every time battery is turned on. Has anyone installed a manual cut off switch? We have the fan cover safety switch, and it works, but we like to leave the vent partially open when stored.
    Dennis and Mary Jo
    North Carolina
    2015 T@b Max Q

• Options
    BurgersonBurgerson Member Posts: 9
    I was able to install a plunger switch so when the lid is closed (manually or automatically) the fan stops.  This also stops the fan from starting when the battery is turned on (if the lid is closed).   I wired the switch as an intermediary between the white/black connection Chris identified.  I had to add a block (of wood in my case) to the lid in order for the plunger to be activated.  It is otherwise too deep and the plunger would not come into contact with the lid when it closed.
    2020 T@B 400, Sammamish, WA
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    norwood said:
    IDK why everything these days has to beep! My bigger concern is with the fan starting every time battery is turned on. Has anyone installed a manual cut off switch? We have the fan cover safety switch, and it works, but we like to leave the vent partially open when stored.
    Another forum member replaced the fuse on the new fan kit with a switch to cut power. Since the fan is already fused at the fuse box, there is no need for the one attached at the fan. And as a bonus, the hole for the fuse holder works great for replacing it with the switch of your choosing.
    Or, just un-twist the fuse at the fan, and it will disconnect it from power. You'll then need to keep track of the fuse though...
  • Options
    JeffroNC said:
    Any idea what the red LED light is for on the board? The fan and lift works OK. I noticed the light last night. If I take the fuse out, the light goes off.

I have the same issue - no rain sensor installed and red light. Did you do anything about it?
  • Options
    JohnnyQJohnnyQ Member Posts: 5
    Can I ask a new question- I can’t seem to get my FF to shut off when the temperature drops to the set point. Am I doing it wrong?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    @JohnnyQ - Does the fan shut off if you lower the set temp further? If it does not and you're sure it is in Auto mode, Dometic might replace it under warranty. 
  • Options
    JohnnyQJohnnyQ Member Posts: 5
    edited June 2021
    @rhyno— that’s right, no matter how low I set the temp, the fan just runs. Am I still under warranty with a 2018 400??
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    @JohnnyQ - doubtful re warranty but Dometic support might be able to let you know if you have any options. Good luck! 
  • Options
    TABNewbiesTABNewbies Member Posts: 90
    I upgraded with the FV807357 e-trailer kit from a DV1450 and like the reduced fan noise. To add to the comments above and some pictures to help. Like @Burgerson I had to use a block to retrofit a dome plunger switch - the plunger switch was the Atwood K1122-05 on Amazon. I liked the idea of saving wear on the fan if the lid closed due to rain.

I used some left over PVC trim, being 20 mm thick is just the right dimension to raise the plunger switch. The plunger switch mounted in a 1/4" drilled holed tapped to M8x1.25. I opened up the lower part of the PVC block and the hole in the fan larger to ensure the moving part of the plunger with the white wire did not catch. Installed with the fan blades removed. Overall the whole upgrade is easier with the fan blades and insect screen removed until the end.  

Mounted in the drivers / front corner (black motor wire with the round crimp):

Secured underneath with a couple of self tapping screws (white cable with bullet connector):

At the same time I put insulating tape over the black round 'beeper' on the circuit board and it is a little less harsh and over the surface mount red LED. Fitted an isolator switch and fused to 5A at the power centre as took out the wire 4A fuse.

2021 T@B 400 BD T@bitha with 2016 Highlander
    Juliet and Andy in Massachusetts